Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking hard about getting a 2012 CVO Road Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:02 PM
gogogadgetbiker
Banned competing forum owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just left the dealer... They'll have my bike on the floor trying to sell it while the try to find me another Black/White CVO RGC.

I am committed at this point to getting a new bike, but if the jury is still out on a CVO RGC, CVO SG, or a stock bike with a 120R and a 23" front wheel. We'll see what happens...

This is my ONE splurge on myself after having my leg shattered by a geriatric back in May, just had my second surgery and when spring comes I want to be on my new ride.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:23 PM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's hard to say no to all the bling.

Old 11-30-2011, 03:20 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

What's ironic, is these same haters of CVO's look down on other bike brands saying they only ride those brands because they can't afford a Harley.

Karma can be a bitch.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 PM
TOK DADDY
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck - you've certainly got me thinking about that 2012 Maple CVO RG. I love my king but that has to be one of the better looking bikes I've ever seen! Everybody I've ever met who has a RG says the ride is second to none...

Old 11-30-2011, 08:23 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 671 Likes on 535 Posts

i rode one,couldnt tell ya much about the power because the wind was beatin me sooooo bad i coulnd see(tearing up)or hear.the useless windshield and no lowers sucked bad,and the 12 inch shock arent for me.now the good news stereo sounds nice(when at low speed see wind noise above)and the seat and bars were very comforable even more so thean the ultra version.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:33 PM
gogogadgetbiker

Just spent the last five hours building a spreadsheet to compare building a raked, 120" powered FLHX with 23" front, 18" rear, and a bunch of other crap.

Not counting any serious body mods I am already at about 32K, the CVO is looking more and more tempting by the minute...

Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
TOK DADDY
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spoke with the dealer here in AZ - they have that same skunk CVO (agree it is absolutely amazing in person) and they have it listed at 33k and some change. I asked them how much out the door when you're looking at taxes, fees, etc and it comes in at 39k. My King is paid off and is very nice in its own right. But I'm looking at roughly an additional 19k if I were to sell the King and get 20k which is on the conservative side but probably realistic. In my opinion I can't justify that much coin for the exact same frame I'm riding with now. Just my two cents...wish you the best. The folks on this board who said the bike was at 40k were about right.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:09 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by gogogadgetbiker
Just spent the last five hours building a spreadsheet to compare building a raked, 120" powered FLHX with 23" front, 18" rear, and a bunch of other crap.

Not counting any serious body mods I am already at about 32K, the CVO is looking more and more tempting by the minute...
Ahhh man, another secret leaked. Now it's going to be even harder to acquire a CVO since they'll now be in higher demand by the masses and even the haters.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:11 PM
gogogadgetbiker

Originally Posted by TOK DADDY
I spoke with the dealer here in AZ - they have that same skunk CVO (agree it is absolutely amazing in person) and they have it listed at 33k and some change. I asked them how much out the door when you're looking at taxes, fees, etc and it comes in at 39k. My King is paid off and is very nice in its own right. But I'm looking at roughly an additional 19k if I were to sell the King and get 20k which is on the conservative side but probably realistic. In my opinion I can't justify that much coin for the exact same frame I'm riding with now. Just my two cents...wish you the best. The folks on this board who said the bike was at 40k were about right.
Then your dealer is ripping you off... My local "small" dealer has already said I WILL get it at MSRP, not a penny more.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:17 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

MSRP is about 2K in profit for the dealer.

Quick Reply: Thinking hard about getting a 2012 CVO Road Glide...