Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's using a DynoJet Power Vision? pros/cons?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Buckinfitch
Supporter
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,514 Posts
Default Who's using a DynoJet Power Vision? pros/cons?

Would like to eliminate the PCV piggyback and uograde to a DynoJet Power Vision,

PCV vs DynoJet Power Vision? pros/cons/likes/dislikes?

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/powervision.htm

Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 AM
rscott
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

I recently went from a Fuelpak to PowerVision There was a flatspot right off idle with fuelpak (engine would faulter & sometimes die leaving stops) No such problems now smooth and power increase noticed. Only problem I'm having is some pinging on hard acceleration. Jamie sent me a revised map It helped but still needs some tweeking that will have to wait till spring now.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:42 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

There are a lot of recent threads on the PV, a lot of good info on how to use it. If you get it from Fuel Moto, Jamie will double the warranty and provide unlimited MAP and tech support.

Im running one, have used the SERT,Fuelpak and PC lll and PC V and the Power Vision is the easiest yet. i like that it still uses the O2 sensors and is a flash tuner not piggy back.

My bike is running very good with the supplied MAP, but over the holidays Im going to play with Data Logging and see if I can get it tweeked a little more

Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 AM
TXWARLOCK
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had both PCV and now PV. Like the PV much better with fuelmoto map. Don't need a laptop to change tunes. Downside cannot be used on another bike and cost.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Buckinfitch
Supporter

Was going to go with the Revolution Performance EMS wide band tuner but the PV will work just fine for me and save a few hundred buckaroos.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
Would like to eliminate the PCV piggyback and uograde to a DynoJet Power Vision, PCV vs DynoJet Power Vision? pros/cons/likes/dislikes?
Why do you want to move away from the PCV? A properly tuned PCV works very well for most riders and there is a good argument for staying with a tuner you already own if you don't have issues with it. I moved from the PCV to the PV but not because of any issues I was having with the former, but rather to experiment with the PV and the ECM tables made available by a flash-based tuner. If you like to tweak, the PV may be the best alternative among the current array of tuners on the market. OTOH, the PCV does an excellent job, and I can't say that my bike runs better than it did before when running with Auto-Tune. I can make adjustments not available before--like speedometer calibration, idle speed, etc.--and the display unit can provide useful into on the fly.

You can read opinions and operational feedback on the PV here. There are also some other threads here in the touring section that pertain to the PV.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:06 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter

Originally Posted by TXWARLOCK
Had both PCV and now PV. Like the PV much better with fuelmoto map. Don't need a laptop to change tunes. Downside cannot be used on another bike and cost.
why?, is it an undoable marriage to the VIN#?

Old 11-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckinfitch
why?, is it an undoable marriage to the VIN#?
yessir.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:40 PM
Buckinfitch
Supporter

Originally Posted by iclick
Why do you want to move away from the PCV? A properly tuned PCV works very well for most riders and there is a good argument for staying with a tuner you already own if you don't have issues with it. I moved from the PCV to the PV but not because of any issues I was having with the former, but rather to experiment with the PV and the ECM tables made available by a flash-based tuner. If you like to tweak, the PV may be the best alternative among the current array of tuners on the market. OTOH, the PCV does an excellent job, and I can't say that my bike runs better than it did before when running with Auto-Tune. I can make adjustments not available before--like speedometer calibration, idle speed, etc.--and the display unit can provide useful into on the fly.

You can read opinions and operational feedback on the PV here. There are also some other threads here in the touring section that pertain to the PV.
Bought my PVC (pre-mapped for my mods) from FuelMoto and it was fine for about 800 miles then all of a sudden the bike (new 2011 RKC)started having issues on cold starts, to the point of not starting/firing at all, when I remove the PCV and plug back in stock she fires right up?...I had 3 techs/3 different times from Dynojet take over my laptop via remote desktop, download updated version, tweek to proper specs to no avail., so they had me send it to them to inspect and or replace?, bike runs like a raped ape without it now but too lean and hot with codes, false codes when reattached?,
btw... gotta give the tech supportstaff at Dynojet a they are awesome even though we couldn't resolve the cold start issue, but it just may be a defective PCV?
thanks for the link iclick.