Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WO577's and MIRRORS

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Hayhoss
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WO577's and MIRRORS

Absolutly love my WO577's in their most allowable PB'ed position (2012 Limited). BUT this position renders my HD fairing mounted mirrors worthless, puts my hands right in the middle of em ! I have been searching for ideas of how to still be able to mount some tpye of mirrors on the faring ? They would have to be mounted down a couple of inches, (from the OEM holes), just above the adjustable wind wings ! But becouse of the inward curvature of the fairing in that area, the surface mounted mirror would tilt downward. I doubt that any faring mount designed mirror would have the ability to be "adjusted/tilted" up enough to compensate ? Question: Has anyone found a solution to mounting mirrors lower on the outer edges of their fairings. I know, why try to make a "mountain out of a mole hill", just throw on handlebar mounted mirrors, and get out there and ride !! LOL Thanks, Craig

Old 11-27-2011, 01:03 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Well if the f"kng search query would work around here I could help you out. Rocknrod has some different fairing mounted mirrors (Kury maybe) that he runs with his Khromewerks bars and he doesn't have a problem. Then captsam54 has an awesome setup with Ness mirrors mounted on top of the existing HD fairing mirrors and it looks cool.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Hayhoss
Cruiser

Thanks Dawg, I'll keep looking, Craig

Old 11-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer

I love my WO577's! Screw it, go with handlebar mirrors!

Attached Thumbnails WO577's and MIRRORS-2.jpg   WO577's and MIRRORS-1.jpg  
Old 11-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

These are Harley mirrors that work surprising well.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:00 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that the fairing mounted mirrors suck for proper adjustment views. I have the performance machine fairing mirrors and I fixed the problem! I had already mounted them with the supplied pattern and I didn't want to drill new holes and the mirrors were usless because I couldn't adjust them up enough (i'm 6').

I took a small die grinder and slowly and carefully made a groove in the back by where the mirror rotates on the ball. I had to be careful not to grind to much away or it would make them to loose. This took time and patience and I also figured that I was gonna have to remove them anyway if this didn't work.

Now keep in mind that I run 12" MBB, so my hands in the way weren't an issue, it's just that I couldn't turn them up and out far enough before I was at their max rotation point.

Once I grinded enough away, I was able to adjust them to where I needed them and they maintained the tightness to hold position. I then used a dupi color (scratch & fix) black w/ a small brush and touched it up where I did the grinding. You would never know.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

After the +2 sweepers install, my stock fairing mirrors were basically useless, I made some risers with stock tapered mirrors to replace the old fairing mount mirrors. Something like this might help, maybe not, just depends on your line of sight.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-mirrors.html

Old 11-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Hayhoss
Cruiser

Fabrik8r, now what you have done is what I am talkin about ! Guess that is why you go by "Fabrik8r", quite an artist indeed. So, the black bracket that attaches your mirror to the inter fairing, you built, out of what ? That is what I was trying to picture, and youv'e done it man, looks graet ! Craig

Last edited by Hayhoss; 11-28-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-28-2011, 10:40 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Finally got the search feature to work again. HERE is captsam54's mirror mod.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:49 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Hayhoss
Fabrik8r, now what you have done is what I am talkin about ! Guess that is why you go by "Fabrik8r", quite an artist indeed. So, the black bracket that attaches your mirror to the inter fairing, you built, out of what ? That is what I was trying to picture, and youv'e done it man, looks graet ! Craig
Thanks, They work really well. The material is just some aluminum flat stock, cut and shaped by hand with hacksaw and file, 2 blind holes on either end and set screws, done on a drill press. The lower end has a stud that bolts through the old fairing mirror hole, the upper end recieves the cut off mirror stem and gets set screwed in place. The only difficult part was bending them, what ever you do bend before you drill, I scrapped one and had to start over. Ran them all this year with no problems, but they do bolt into my super heavy duty fairing brace, so I can't say for sure if there would be any issue without the extra brace. OEM take off tapered mirrors are pretty easy and cheap to come by, probably got less than $40.00 in it, and some time. If your interested I might be able to dig up the drawings I did for it.

Quick Reply: WO577's and MIRRORS