Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide seats: Which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
JGIBBS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide seats: Which one

I've been doing a lot of searching lately, looking for a seat to sit lower, but not move me foward or back. (preferably solo) I am currently using the stock seat on my 2010 SG. I rode to my HD dealer for a brake switch recall a couple of days ago and tried a HD Brawler on my bike while I was there. I really liked the hight of it but it moved me back about 2", at 5'10" with a 32" inseam this just won't work for me. From what I have read Corbin and C&C seam to be the most popular. Most everthing I have read on the forums have people telling how comfortable thier seat is or suggest having one reworked, Very little about positioning. I have looked on the manufactuers websites and found nothing on how thier seats position the rider compared to stock, except Danny Grays speed cradle. I have also sent an email to Corbin but havn't gotten a responce. What I am asking is what seat do you use and how does it position you compared to your stock touring seat? Info on seats that simply drop the rider straight down 1 1/2 - 2" would be ideal, info on other seats that move the rider down and foward or back could be helpful depending on how much. Regardless, any info on how your seat changed your riding position will be appeceated.

Last edited by JGIBBS; 11-27-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:40 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

I'm still running a stock but I've been told corbin is the best for lowering and not moving. Can't remember the model but since I tossed the old lady a month ago, I've decided to axe my sissy bar and get a solo. I figured if any boobies want on the back I can get the little pad!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:59 PM
JGIBBS
Novice

[ I've been told corbin is the best for lowering and not moving. ]
Yea, I like the look of the Hollywood solo, I saw you had posted something about a seat during one of my searches, thanks for your service to our country.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:01 PM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

I'm in the same situation but looking for a 2 up. Harley badlander and mustang tripper fastback are a couple I am looking at.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

C&C will make the seat to keep you in the stock position, forward or back...up to you.
I would contact them directly and discuss what you want, straight from the house's mouth...

Old 11-26-2011, 06:06 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by JGIBBS
[ I've been told corbin is the best for lowering and not moving. ]
Yea, I like the look of the Hollywood solo, I saw you had posted something about a seat during one of my searches, thanks for your service to our country.
It's my pleasure! Let us know when you get something and show pictures!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Thanks Guardian for your service for all of us, I was at Ft. Lewis in 77. Nice skoot too bro.... I seen a mustang seat on a bike at a dealer today, it was very soft leather and was a 2up, could not get any #'s place was busy so does any one have an idy what it could have been..

Old 11-26-2011, 08:59 PM
mglax13
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

You can always send it to Mean City Cycles, they can lower you down up to 3.5" and it won't move you back. They can also do some modifications to increase comfort while lowering it as well.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:37 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

3 of my boys are running a screaming eagle street glide seat, they are nice and comfy both did a 6000 mile trip and n complaints. I may get one myself .

Old 11-26-2011, 09:46 PM
ramnj
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I bought my C&C seat I called them first and told them what I was looking for and they made it. Its a great seat.

Quick Reply: Street Glide seats: Which one