Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide seats: Which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 08:32 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I ride with a Corbin Hollywood Solo. It dropped me a bit and is narrower at the tank so my thighs aren't spreading apart and causing pain to my legs. The seat is firm but will mold in time to your cheeks. I ordered mine over the phone (militay discount) and had them add ostrich down the center and I was told it would take 6-8 weeks for arrival, well I got it in less than 2 weeks. I also bought the large pillon for the momma and a backrest for me. The ability to remove the pillon and go solo is awesome. Make sure you find a fender bib to complete the look if you go this route. And the pillon slides right over the bib with no problems.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:58 AM
JGIBBS
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I'm not trying to be ungreatfull for the info you have posted, But the type of info I am looking for needs to be more spacific to what model seat as well as the manufactuer you use or have tried and how it positioned you compared to the stock seat. I don't have the time or the money to travel across the country to have one custom made (as much as I would love to) so that option seems to be out. Sending my seat off to have it customized dosn't sound like a good option for me, I have read of to many people that did and were not happy but still out of the shipping costs. I feel any of the salesmen I talk to will tell me what I want to hear to get a sell. I still plan on talking to them anyway. My goal of this thread is to find out where each base model seat positions you compared to stock, from actual riders and use this info to narrow my options. I am primarily focused on base model seats as I stand a much better chance at finding a good base model used or discounted.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:49 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Casper
C&C will make the seat to keep you in the stock position, forward or back...up to you.
I would contact them directly and discuss what you want, straight from the house's mouth...
+1 on C&C! I think they told me their seat is 1" down & 1" back from stock. I now have 2 from C&C (solo & sport tour) and love them both! I'm no iron butt rider but 500 mile days are no problem!

Old 11-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

As a whole, Corbin has good seats. But they firmly believe they are uncapable of ocasionally making a mistake. They instantly get defensive and obnoxious when you remotely suggest you are not 100% convinced they walk on water, and can turn water into wine.

As long as you agree with them and have your wallet out, they're nice as pie.

Just sayin'.

Old 11-27-2011, 02:24 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by JGIBBS
I've been doing a lot of searching lately, looking for a seat to sit lower, but not move me foward or back. (preferably solo) I am currently using the stock seat on my 2010 SG. I rode to my HD dealer for a brake switch recall a couple of days ago and tried a HD Brawler on my bike while I was there. I really liked the hight of it but it moved me back about 2", at 5'10" with a 32" inseam this just won't work for me. From what I have read Corbin and C&C seam to be the most popular. Most everthing I have read on the forums have people telling how comfortable thier seat is or suggest having one reworked, Very little about positioning. I have looked on the manufactuers websites and found nothing on how thier seats position the rider compared to stock, except Danny Grays speed cradle. I have also sent an email to Corbin but havn't gotten a responce. What I am asking is what seat do you use and how does it position you compared to your stock touring seat? Info on seats that simply drop the rider straight down 1 1/2 - 2" would be ideal, info on other seats that move the rider down and foward or back could be helpful depending on how much. Regardless, any info on how your seat changed your riding position will be appeceated.
Check out Ultimate seats, by far the best comfort and rider position seat, not cheap, but the best. Mustang would be a distant 2nd based on value.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I just sent this info to another guy at his request.

I have a C&C Fastback.

I used a stiff measuring tape so it is straight-line distance from bottom of tank door to top of the seat (28") and door to start of curve up (26"). With the bike upright the bottom (where you sit) of the seat is 26" from the ground. It is a pretty narrow seat. I have about 37,000 miles on it and it still looks new. It feels great still. I just got back from a 2000 mile 4 day ride. 2 days were a little over 600 miles. My butt got a little sore on day 3 but it was a 14 hour day. You might check out the gel insert and also definitely get the backrest. Remember, this (fastback) is not a seat that will accommodate a passenger. I use a Sundowner when I ride with the wife (90% of my riding is solo) C&C has a couple of styles that will work for passengers. Mine is leather. I treat it with sno-seal. I have ridden in all types of weather including lots of rain and heat.