Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide seats: Which one

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

the badlander seat is pretty much the same position as the street glide seat, fore and aft, but is lower about an inch--- easier on the passenger too if you ever have.
There was one on the classified boards in the past couple of days, have a look at the road king seat too, some of them can be good ( and take off seats are always a bargain)

Corbin--- their seats are "hard as hell", they'll tell you "it'll break in"-- but it'll break you and your wallet. The vinyl seat covering on mine cracked apart before the foam ever "broke in"

over 10,000 miles and that seat is only good for 45 minutes--- cover cracked way early- I have seats over 50 years old in better shape both leather and vinyl.
I gave Corbin the opportunity to respond or remedy my dis-satisfaction with their premium priced product

I do match seat to use, an ultra seat for touring 10-12 hours day after day, a streetglide seat for 4 hours or less and a Brawler once in a while in town

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 11-26-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 10:18 PM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well after about 1000 miles my Corbin classic solo broke in real nice. On my 12 streetglide I put one on at 100no miles because I could not handle the sloppiness of the stock seat. As far as the seat cover cracking, well you just need to condition and feed it regularly and it won't crack. By the way if you ride in to Corbin you can have your seat custom made at the same price

Old 11-26-2011, 11:08 PM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seats are very individual.

I'v e been thru a C&C, and a Mustang...both solo's. The C&C was very uncomfortable to me. I have a rather bony butt so I need a seat that will disperse my weight rather than focus it on two points. The C&C is firm and shallow. It ranasfered alot of heat as well.

I have a Mustang and it's better but still very firm for my behind. It offfers terrific lower back support though.

I've used an AirHawk seat pad and it' seems to be the only way I can go a full day on a seat with out being in pain.

I am going to get my stock seat re-worked with memory foam and am considering the same for a solo seat. The airHawk is the best thing I've found so far

Old 11-26-2011, 11:48 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Holy white walls batman!

Old 11-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Have you guys tried the stock FLHX seat from a 2011 model? The moco changed them from the '10 and older seats.

They sit lower than the previous versions, and they're much more comfortable. I tried one on my '08, and liked it so much, I quickly found a second one on ebay and snatched it up too. So when the first one wears out or gets effed up, I got a new spare ready to go.

Search around and you can find them for $100. I was really surprised how much more comfortable it was over my '08 seat.

Old 11-27-2011, 12:33 AM
27freethrows
Advanced

A custom Corbin seat is unbeatable. Take a road trip to Hollister, CA (great roads in and out BTW) and have a seat made just for you. Best thing I've ever done for my SG.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:17 AM
wwalt
Novice

Try looking at the Corbin saddles. They offer comfort and are a lower seat.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 AM
JCCASH
Cruiser

[QUOTE=27freethrows;9082884]A custom Corbin seat is unbeatable. ""Take a road trip to Hollister, CA"

I'd take a road trip if it was not for this dang stock seat. Actually I live near the Florida Corbin office and plan to buy a Solo Tour soon. I put 65,000 on my last Corbin. One time rode from Orlando to VA Beach none stop. Butt felt fine.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Holy white walls batman!

You got that right Robin!

Old 11-27-2011, 08:04 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 219 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by mkguitar
the badlander seat is pretty much the same position as the street glide seat, fore and aft, but is lower about an inch--- easier on the passenger too if you ever have.
There was one on the classified boards in the past couple of days, have a look at the road king seat too, some of them can be good ( and take off seats are always a bargain)

Corbin--- their seats are "hard as hell", they'll tell you "it'll break in"-- but it'll break you and your wallet. The vinyl seat covering on mine cracked apart before the foam ever "broke in"

over 10,000 miles and that seat is only good for 45 minutes--- cover cracked way early- I have seats over 50 years old in better shape both leather and vinyl.
I gave Corbin the opportunity to respond or remedy my dis-satisfaction with their premium priced product

I do match seat to use, an ultra seat for touring 10-12 hours day after day, a streetglide seat for 4 hours or less and a Brawler once in a while in town

Mike
I though it was me but i bought a Corbin for a Sport Bike a few years back and i had a similar problem. It was hard as a rock, never broke in and had to refabricate the bracket and the only way i could get it to latch was to slam my fist hard down on the seat.....i will never buy another but ive read a lot of peeps have good results with them here so i figured it was just me....apparently not?

Quick Reply: Street Glide seats: Which one