Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro Camera Feedback...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:38 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbkrab
I have the ContourHD 1080P and I have been testing it on my RAM mounts on my mirrors. Any of these type of cameras are great. But I have found that low idle speed vibrations makes the camera useless. Once up to moving speed (greater than 10 mph) then the vibrations are gone and you have really decent video. Keeping the camera high on the handlebars, allows me the opportunity to turn on/off as needed. I also have it set up to run full time with the 12V adapter if necessary. Battery life on any of these cameras aren't the greatest for long distance rides.

The quality of the videos are excellent so no matter where you mount the camera, you will get really decent views. I have played with different mountings and so far I really like the left side handlebar option. I have two RAM arms one the standard 3" and a 6" arm. The longer arm allows me some play on where I place the camera for a better aim. Exact placement isn't necessary with these cameras, so just being in the ballpark will get you wonderful views.

I would recommend what ever camera you get is to make sure you get some decent editing software. You will want to learn how to edit your trips and to also dub over the wind/engine noise. I have been trying to come up with a good wind blocker for the audio but haven't got one to work to my liking yet. So for now I need to figure out how to do the dubbing without turning off the audio completely.
What video editing software do you recommend? I have the GPS version so not sure what is required to keep video and coords in sync

Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came across this product in a magazine I was reading today and it totally blew my mind - the options that this opens up are so so exciting. Unfortunately the Contour is Micro SD but I believe the Go Pro is standard SD

The only thing I haven't managed to fully ascertain is whether this will stream video live or whether it needs to be a saved file.

Amazing

http://www.sandisk.co.uk/products/wi...ss-memory-card

Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow great video jeff

Old 11-27-2011, 03:27 PM
jbkrab
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
What video editing software do you recommend? I have the GPS version so not sure what is required to keep video and coords in sync
I have been using Foxreal Video Converter. It's cheap, less that $40 if I remember correctly. There are others out there, just do a Google search. I like the ability to convert my movies into different extensions. Not just Quick Time.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
I downloaded final cut pro 7.0, you can get it for free at http://gopro.com/support/final-cut-pro-tips/ this will allow you to convert it to a different format so that your able to open it up with Windows Movie Maker. I edit with Movie Maker simply because thats what comes with windows XP, Vista or later, after a little practice its not a bad editor, but you have to play around to learn it.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:30 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thenewrage
How much u want ? Not sure what they are new.
have the GoPro HD helmet with optional LCD screen, 2 Batteries, helmet mount, bas mounts, charger, water proof case for camera and camera with LCD screen.. total value plus +500$.. 32GB HD card too..PM me.. i guess i am hijacking the thread.. nothing wrong with camera - just dont use it much and my computer is to slow... if any canadians interested...