Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:17 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Seriously? Come to Tacoma man. All you see is FF here. In fact I get laughed at for my ski mask and half helmet.

And on a separate note for everybody jacking that FF is safer than a half helmet.. They did a study down in Florida some 4-5 years ago that shows you're at more risk for for a FF to get snagged on something when you're skidding across the ground than a brain bucket. What would you rather have? A beautiful biker face or a broken neck and a 15,000$ funeral? Just my .02
Yeah. Also better if you don't wear a seatbelt in a cage so you can be "thown clear" in an accident.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:23 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seriously? Come to Tacoma man. All you see is FF here. In fact I get laughed at for my ski mask and half helmet.

And on a separate note for everybody jacking that FF is safer than a half helmet.. They did a study down in Florida some 4-5 years ago that shows you're at more risk for for a FF to get snagged on something when you're skidding across the ground than a brain bucket. What would you rather have? A beautiful biker face or a broken neck and a 15,000$ funeral? Just my .02
Not trying to start a war here - but if I lived in Tacoma . . .

I think it must be mostly a younger generation of riders than me!

Old 11-26-2011, 05:26 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blarg
Yeah. Also better if you don't wear a seatbelt in a cage so you can be "thown clear" in an accident.
I actually used to be a firm believer and then lost my friend. He went to go under a guard rail and the helmet got stuck and basically his head stayed and the body went.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:27 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by davessworks
Not trying to start a war here - but if I lived in Tacoma . . .

I think it must be mostly a younger generation of riders than me!
Oh I hate this **** hole. I'm from Georgia and I absolutely despise this place. By all means!! Haha

Old 11-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,822 Likes on 3,174 Posts

And on a separate note for everybody jacking that FF is safer than a half helmet.. They did a study down in Florida some 4-5 years ago that shows you're at more risk for for a FF to get snagged on something when you're skidding across the ground than a brain bucket.
Bullshit...

Old 11-26-2011, 05:36 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Stiggy
Bullshit...
Nah. Florida is pretty retarded when it comes to wasting money on studies like that. I first thought, why is a state with no helmet laws doing a study on helmet safety?

Old 11-26-2011, 05:38 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

So, if that study were true, then why do riders at say the ISLE OF MANN TT all wear a FF?

Old 11-26-2011, 05:42 PM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

same here; most get the FF (modular) to match the color of the bike; custom paint on the bike have to have the custom painted helmet. I were a FF 100% of the time. I use to wear one of those dinky thing but someone asked me how much is my head worth to me???
Originally Posted by Jon0807
80-90% of Harley riders have FF around here. Even when it's warm out.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What would you rather have? A beautiful biker face or a broken neck and a 15,000$ funeral? Just my .02
I suppose I'd rather be dead than go through the ordeal of getting a new face and end up looking like the Elephant Man. I'll bet the new face runs a tad more than $15,000.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:54 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Nirvana
I suppose I'd rather be dead than go through the ordeal of getting a new face and end up looking like the Elephant Man. I'll bet the new face runs a tad more than $15,000.
It's a tough call for sure but in the end I think I would take life over being dead. Just my personal preference. BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND:

Arai and Shoei make pretty decent FFs if you're wanting something that "looks" good with a Harley.

Quick Reply: Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...