Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:43 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

FF in SoCal is an everyday thing.

Maybe else where it looks stupid but who cares?

Old 11-27-2011, 08:25 PM
tubeman426
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You ever see a guy riding a rice rocket wearing a beanie? Wouldnt that look bad ***

Old 11-27-2011, 08:50 PM
Weekender1969
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tubeman426
You ever see a guy riding a rice rocket wearing a beanie? Wouldnt that look bad ***
When I was stationed in Honolulu, I road an FJ11 with only sunglasses.
But since I was active duty, I had to have a helmet or they would not let me on base, so I had a FF for that. I transferred to New Orleans and then sold the bike right before they made us start wearing the little orange vests...

Old 11-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Troubleman
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat1
We ride Harleys and that means we could give a poop less what other people think so wear what you want. Who gives a shitt what it looks like.
Exactly.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:44 AM
WZ4I
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nojoke
...but FF helmets offer better safety IMO.

So, what FF helmet looks like it belongs on a Harley?
Use what YOU want too. Forget about what anyone else says.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:18 AM
sknyfats
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Who gives a **** what anybody else wears? What a bunch of senseless Nancy-Boy crap, can't believe I read any of this BS.
Get on your bikes and ride.
What he said.

Oh - and the word "poser" is so g a y...not that there's anything wrong with that...just saying...when I see/hear it, I picture both the person who used the word & the person they're "calling out" as identical twins in my head...

I'm from the free-choice crowd. I normally don't wear a helmet - but sometimes I do. So what? Yes, most crashes are slow speed and the equivalent of falling off of a 6 foot ladder. And, last I checked, more people actually DO die/get disabled falling from ladders...among thousands of other things - than die or get disabled in motorcycle accidents. Yet no helmet laws for those other things.

Just wanted to throw that in since so many chose to cite their personal experience and those they've witnessed of others who've been injured in accidents.

I may as well talk about all of the disabled/dead people I've witnessed that did have helmets on...and draw some correlation to helmet use then, eh?

Ugh...just so tired of the helmet debate and the high & mighty tone from some who've made personal choice to wear one.

Some of us choose more protection in things we do then others; sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. To each his/her own.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 AM
lowflight
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FF Helmets

When the weather is warm...say 60f and up...I wear my flat black, half helmet....because I like the feel, and I love to hear my Screaming Eagle exhaust...not to mention it gives the ladies a thrill to see my pretty face...

But, when the weather drops into the 50's, I tend to bundle up a bit, and put on my Arai, full face helmet....it's warmer, but it cheats the ladies, I'm afraid...and the worst thing is that I can't hear that great sound! LOL...

However...it's custom painted to look like Obama...so everyone just loves it!....oops, gotta go hurl now...which is tough in a FF! LOL

Old 03-14-2012, 10:41 PM
fatmatmang90
Novice

Awesome bike. Can't make up your mind Huh? Lol. Who makes that side bag?

Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by nojoke
So, what FF helmet looks like it belongs on a Harley?
...... mine

Name:  DSC03836_2_2.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  43.4 KB

Old 03-15-2012, 02:22 AM
BenRK05
Tourer

Originally Posted by Notgrownup
The problem i had was my Chin...ain't no Jay Leno chin or nothin but i couldn't get a modular FF until i tried te Fulmer Modus II modular...you should try it if you hsven't
I used a non DOT beanie helmet. Till I thought to myself I wouldn't let my old lady wear a non dot beanie helmet. So i started looking for a moduler helmet but i was having the problem of my chin hitting or ribbing on helmet. So i got a 3/4 helmet with a tinted shield. I will be looking at the Fulmer modus II modular for when I do some long touring rides.

Quick Reply: Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...