Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 05:55 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,821 Likes on 3,173 Posts

Originally Posted by The Guardian
Nah. Florida is pretty retarded when it comes to wasting money on studies like that. I first thought, why is a state with no helmet laws doing a study on helmet safety?
1)The study was done in Australia regarding undo force to the cranial stem if an impact to the face bar occurs with a FF helmet.

2)It was used by Abate of Florida to argue against helmets.

3)It does not compare FF safety vs beanie helmets at all.

It's kinda of like telling people not to wear seatbelts because 1 out of 17 accident victims would have been better off w/o the seatbelt in automobiles.

Old 11-26-2011, 05:56 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lkr0
same here; most get the FF (modular) to match the color of the bike; custom paint on the bike have to have the custom painted helmet. I were a FF 100% of the time. I use to wear one of those dinky thing but someone asked me how much is my head worth to me???
In that case it sounds like the smart thing to do when somebody wants to kick your azz !....lol

Last edited by drukanfu; 11-26-2011 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 06:02 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiggy
1)The study was done in Australia regarding undo force to the cranial stem if an impact to the face bar occurs with a FF helmet.

2)It was used by Abate of Florida to argue against helmets.

3)It does not compare FF safety vs beanie helmets at all.

It's kinda of like telling people not to wear seatbelts because 1 out of 17 accident victims would have been better off w/o the seatbelt in automobiles.
Hmm. I read about this one in a newspaper from Jacksonville I found a while back. Who knows?!

Old 11-26-2011, 06:25 PM
TCS
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After 44 years of riding, I find myself using both. Mainly the FF in cold weather and "regular" old style helmet in the other. My stupidity for not using the safest, IMHO, all the time. At 63 I should know better. There is really no answer - Harley - Jap - European bike, I have had them all. Personal preference will prevail, after all there is still a little bit of America left and we can choose for ourselves at this point. No bets on the future though.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:11 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by lizdc
Yes it :-) I call it my clown car and my hubby says he has to wined it up.
But I love next to dc and my car is the size of a mini so it fits anywhere. I think it has a smaller motor than my next deluxe :-)
But it gets great gas milage and cost a lot less new (2009 I got new in 11/08) than the new 2011 deluxe I got last week.
Lol, I hear ya!

Old 11-26-2011, 10:20 PM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a good brain so I wear a FF helmet... Those that don't ...well they at least look good.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kumite
I have a good brain so I wear a FF helmet... Those that don't ...well they at least look good.
Good for you. Maybe you should stop riding a motorcycle too. A brain like yours need all the protection it can get, no doubt.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 402 Likes on 268 Posts

This would look great on just about any HD.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:58 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Its almost midnight and I just got home from a 120 mile ride with the wife and a club buddy. Its 52 degrees out. Both me and my wife wore our full face helmets. Why... because its 52 degrees out and we just got back from a 120 mile ride. Jeez.

Old 11-26-2011, 11:05 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't care what anyone else does and I don't care to be told what I should do. I've worn no helmet, half helmet, 3/4 and full face. By far the best riding experience for me is no helmet. A full face takes too much away from the experience. If I was commuting rather than riding for pleasure I might use a full face. That's what I used to do some 30 plus years ago.

If I wanted to be totally safe from motorcycle accidents I'd stick to a cage. Preferably a big cage.

Quick Reply: Harly's and FF helmets are like oil and water...