Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunglasses - Need assistance

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 PM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I buy Smith & Wesson shooting glasses at my local lumber yard. they sell them as safety glasses. They run about 13 to 18 bucks.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,168 Likes on 3,676 Posts

Go to Lenscrafters and try different Ray Bans ans Oakleys... the wrap aroung styles.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:05 PM
chinookman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the military and have been issued so many sunglasses it is not even funny. The best glasses I have ever worn are Oakley. I have some that have stood up to 2 deployments to Afghan. They have interchangable lenses. I like the Flak Jacket XLJ's.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:07 PM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wiley x revolver best glasses i ever had bridge fits great no wind or dirt in your eyes whats so ever.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oakley! i have three pair of which 1 is prescription

Old 11-26-2011, 10:40 PM
Cme2c
Tourer

I have been an optometrist in private practice for 30 years. There are many quality sunglass companies who manufacture sunglasses. Your local optometrist or optician really can guide you as to proper bridge (nose) & temple(ear) fit. There are also many lens choices. Light changing lenses (transitions) are great, but may not get dark enough on a hot summer day for some people. If you place a narrow strip of black electrical tape across the top of the lens, it can act as a sun visor when riding into the sun. Polycarbonate lenses are a "must",to prevent shattering, if hit by a rock. I really DO NOT recommend polarized lenses, as the only glare they reduce is off of a flat horizontal surface (which is great if you're fishing but makes it more difficult to see the glare caused by a an oil or diesel slick on the road). Interchangeable lenses are great, if you can afford the added expense as dark #3 tint is best when sunny, light yellow helps visibility at dusk ( its like you gain an extra hour of sunlight) and clear lenses are best at night, especially if they have a good quality anti reflection coating. Hope this helps a little.

Old 11-26-2011, 10:54 PM
D-9 OPERATOR
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TheBlackPharoah
LOL - Try them out at your local sled shop and THEN buy the same brand, model online.

yes Oakley's here too I have a head like a watermelon and they fit fine or I should say awesome

Old 11-26-2011, 11:41 PM
1HarleyGuy1
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know that they are expensive but I use the "M" frame style frm Oakley. They are very rugged, lightweight snd have nice big lenses which wrap around nicely so there is very little wind effect. They also came with dark, amber and clear interchangeable lenses.

1HarleyGuy1

Old 11-27-2011, 04:18 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,530 Likes on 1,425 Posts

Oakley FlakJacket XLJ Black Iridium Lens for me. Like the Doc says, polycarb lens are a must. Cheap sunglasses have their place, but on your bike your life is at stake. These glasses come in all kinds of sizes - temple, bridge, etc.- I would recommend you look at the Oakley website to find a style that interests you, and find a good place to check them out. You can always get extra lens, and when not wearing keep them all in the quality hard case that comes with the glasses and treat them like they are fine optics and you will get many years out of them. Take care of your eyes, very important. Oh, and when you find the glasses and specs you need, you can look online and the price will vary greatly.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:06 AM
O.F.
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Choppers 909...best fitting glasses I've found, inexpensive, wide bridge, foam backed that fit closely to your cheeks. I found a few pairs on E Bay.

Last edited by O.F.; 11-27-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Sunglasses - Need assistance