Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Seats

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:03 PM
Flhrhog
Advanced

I have the seat problem too. I bought a 2012 road king, had to change the bars out to heritage style bars to fix the neck and reach problem. The seat is pretty comfortable but it is to wide and it seems the floorboards are to far up! I hate to spend more money for something that should fit better than it does. Floor board and brake extension. Harley is taking advantage of us buyers, why not put heritage bars on all road kings, they fit more people. They are standard on police bikes for that reason! Anyway I have the same seat problem.

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:10 PM
DeneFXDWG
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Flhrhog
I have the seat problem too. I bought a 2012 road king, had to change the bars out to heritage style bars to fix the neck and reach problem. The seat is pretty comfortable but it is to wide and it seems the floorboards are to far up! I hate to spend more money for something that should fit better than it does. Floor board and brake extension. Harley is taking advantage of us buyers, why not put heritage bars on all road kings, they fit more people. They are standard on police bikes for that reason! Anyway I have the same seat problem.
I agree, aren't those stock bars horrible. Mine didn't last a month before I got the Heritage Style conversin done with the first service. Backrests and floorboard extensions are where it's at on this style of bike too!

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:20 PM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

Originally Posted by NoDeal
Mustangs are fantastic, I've had 2, but NOTHING beats a Russell Day Long saddle. If you ride for distance, it is the best money spent on a bike.
I'd love to here more about Russell Day Long saddle....

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:54 PM
JCCASH
Cruiser

I have used Corbin Solo Tour seats for years. Took a 14 hour trip from Orlando to VA and felt fine.

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:55 PM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain

I went with ulitmate seat,they give you 2 week trail no probs

Old 11-22-2011 | 07:59 PM
SmittyFXDL
Road Warrior

I have an ultra classic seat on mine for long trips and use the stock seat for round town. The ultra is big and thick and doesn't contribute to the sportiness of the glides, but makes up for it in comfort for rider and passenger alike. Ive also heard that the 2012 stock seat is a major improvement over the 10 and 11 stock seat.

Old 11-22-2011 | 08:02 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I've tried about every seat,and I love the Tallboy. It's ugly as sin,but very comfortable.

Old 11-22-2011 | 08:12 PM
jvvjvv
Tourer

Seats are pretty much a personial thing. Take some time sitting on them.................I like Corbins.

There a ton of choices..have fun!!

Old 11-24-2011 | 08:45 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

I have had Corbin's for the last 17 years and 100,000 miles. These are all day seats.

I am trying to get used to the stock Ultra seat on the new Limited, and have even had it jelled, but the jury is still out.

We are going to Laughlin in April and when I get there I will decide if a Corbin goes on and the Ultra seat comes off.

Bill

Old 11-24-2011 | 09:22 AM
RoadKingKamchi
Tourer

I will second this. Call Sue at Mustang, and she is unbelievably accommodating. I have had almost every seat in my quest, and the Mustang Super Touring worked best for me. Kept me at the right height, gave me some breathing room (moved me back a little bit), it is incredibly supportive yet has give to it, my gf loves it, and they gave me the 10 day test.

On a side note, I received my seat just as I was leaving for vacation, and they started the 10 day trial from my return date.. now that is customer service. Also, they offer military discounts of 10% so that you don't have to dig around the internet too much. Best of luck on this most subjective of quests... like handlebars, windshields, buffeting, helmets, etc, etc, etc.

Originally Posted by nytryder
If you buy a seat directly from Mustang and don't like it for any reason they will exchange it or refund your money in full. On the condition the seat is in no way scratched, scuffed or damaged in any way. It must also be returned within 10 days of your receiving it.

Quick Reply: Touring Seats