Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott Air Suspension install

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 08:22 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a chance and did the 12" Billstien shocks. It is NOTHING like a hard tail. It is very adjustable from soft and squishy to rock solid hard but even at the stiffest they are still way better than a hard tail and overall they are a good improvement over the stock shocks. My friend has the Aldan shocks on his Vrod and I think they ride pretty close to the same He just has a little bit more travel.

Look at www.Customdynamics.com they have the best prices on the systems that I could find anywhere.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Gdub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by kruzin
My opinion is that it is kind of a wast of time and money on switching lines and fittings. I used the stock stuff sent with the shock kit and in 4 years and 45,000 miles, no problems.
This is my second set of arnotts, my original, on my v rod has no distribution block, not a problem with that one. On my SG the damn thing always leaked. I switched to the SS line out of need, the heat shrink idea was just to help with the SS line keeping the shape as well as not rubbing on anything. I am very detail oriented.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Gdub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
good idea dude. i think i would double wrap it (HA) just to be sure, but thanks for the tip (HA again)
If the situation is every questionable, always double wrap.

Old 12-07-2011, 07:35 AM
MarineBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got my Arnott system, and I am looking at how I want to mount the compressor. I don't have ABS, and I want to mount it under the right side cover. I can make it fit, but the compressor says on it that it gets hot during operation. How hot does it get? The side of the battery box where I would mount it is plastic. Would it melt the plastic? Is it dangerous to have near the battery?

Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the heat disclaimer is to satisfy the suits. If it runs continuously it probably would but not in the few seconds it takes to air up. I use the viair compressor on my home made system and it doesn't get hot. I think thats the same compressor Arnott uses.

Old 12-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Russbucket
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a pretty easy install. I have this set up on my 07 street glide. The fittings I thought were a little cheesy and may change them out this winter. I also purchased one of their gauges and plan to install it where the air temp gauge is now. I planned on sending both gauges to someone to change the face so it will still look like the air gauge but looking at it I dont think it is that out of place looking so I just may leave it. Havent started the installation yet but plan to after the holiday. I'll try to do a write up.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 PM
MarineBagger
Cruiser

Thanks Coolerman. I'm going to try it in the side and see if it does any damage. I didn't think it would, but you never know

Originally Posted by coolerman69
I think the heat disclaimer is to satisfy the suits. If it runs continuously it probably would but not in the few seconds it takes to air up. I use the viair compressor on my home made system and it doesn't get hot. I think thats the same compressor Arnott uses.

Old 12-09-2011, 07:30 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MarineBagger
Thanks Coolerman. I'm going to try it in the side and see if it does any damage. I didn't think it would, but you never know
Mine is on the side=no problems. One tip i would recommend is install a L.E.D. somewhere on the dash that lights up when the compressor is running. I had my switch stick for about 15 miles and I didnt realize it.

Old 12-10-2011, 11:49 AM
MarineBagger
Cruiser

Originally Posted by coolerman69
Mine is on the side=no problems. One tip i would recommend is install a L.E.D. somewhere on the dash that lights up when the compressor is running. I had my switch stick for about 15 miles and I didnt realize it.
Good idea. Thanks again.