Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arnott Air Suspension install

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2011, 07:28 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonic69
Did mine in about an hour.
Damn i'm impressed! It took me that long to drcide where to put the switch!

Old 11-24-2011, 06:25 PM
jkoch09ultra
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did mine myself in about 2 hours. Hope you got the pressure guage. I raise mine to 80 lbs and off I go. Makes finding the sweet spot much easier. I put the guage and switch on the bars for on the go adjustment.

Do it yourself. Great advice on the lines. I used the Arnott lines for 3 years now without any problem but good to know for the future.

Old 11-25-2011, 09:19 PM
kruzin
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

My opinion is that it is kind of a wast of time and money on switching lines and fittings. I used the stock stuff sent with the shock kit and in 4 years and 45,000 miles, no problems.

Old 11-26-2011, 07:08 AM
coolerman69
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kruzin
My opinion is that it is kind of a wast of time and money on switching lines and fittings. I used the stock stuff sent with the shock kit and in 4 years and 45,000 miles, no problems.
Yeah but it looks nice and professional when you show it to your buddies.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by kruzin
Some guys are detail-oriented (im one of them) and others prefer function over form. Its why my pulley is painted to match the bike - details.

It's really not that expensive for lines and fittings. BUT im glad the OEM stuff is working for you, that shows good products by the manufacturer.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:21 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I got it Installed. I took my time and Soldered all of the wires instead of the connections they provided and cut everything to length. I am sure glad I did it myself I dont thing any shop could have done it better It took about 3-3.5 hrs but I really took my time and made sure everything was perfect. I took it on a 40ish mile ride and its pretty much amazing. I think I will buy the air guage this week bc guessing what pressure sucks and adjusting on the fly isnt that great.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:34 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

Did you get the handlebar switch, that makes it way easy to adjust while riding, mine has been on for 3 years with their lines and still fine, don't see the lines with the bags on anyway. I don't have the air gauge but with a little time your butt will tell you when it's right.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:49 AM
iluvmyride
Novice

I would like a good riding set up for my '09 ultra, and will look into these a bit more. Question: there are 2 options as relates to shock size, 12" & 13". Do either (or both) lower the bike from stock height? My guess would be the 13" is stock and the 12" is lower.....yes?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:19 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not have the handle bar mounted switch, I located it on the plastic side cover by my right leg. I also have the remote control unit for it. I am going to buy an air gauge because it is hard to tell where you are on the fly.

Iluvmyride: This set up is awesome. It was really easy to install, If you want to lower your bike go with the 12" shocks because to get the best ride you need to adjust the shock pressure at full length so the 13's will be the same height as stock when riding. I have the 12's and I couldn't be happier.

Old 11-28-2011, 08:07 AM
iluvmyride
Novice

Thanks, lukemc7. I read on a different Harley forum while doing some research that if I want a nice feel to the ride (as opposed to making it feel like a hard tail) I would need the Aldon air suspension over the Bilstein set up. Which did you install? Thanks for your input!

Quick Reply: Arnott Air Suspension install