Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a used Power Vision worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's a used Power Vision worth?

I know once it's married to a bike it can't be used to flash the ECM of another, but you can still use it a diagnostic tool. I was curious if anyone has a clue what a used Power Vision might bring in?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 AM
petewerner
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U should sell it with the ECM and whoever buys it will have to send u their old one, or charge them a core charge so that if they want to keep it they can.....

Old 11-21-2011, 08:14 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by petewerner
U should sell it with the ECM and whoever buys it will have to send u their old one, or charge them a core charge so that if they want to keep it they can.....
I really would rather keep my ECM since it has the vin # and all, I wouldn't want any issue later on with the dealer because I do not have my original ECM.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:17 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Why you looking to sell it?

Old 11-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by vtwinbmx
Why you looking to sell it?
No one local to me tunes with it, guess it's too new.

I want to do cams, but if I am going to endure the cost of cams I want the biked tuned to get the most out of them, not just a map that is "close".

If I had a local person to tune with it (that I trust) then I'd keep it.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:32 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,225 Likes on 22,614 Posts

Why are you so unhappy with the PV?
What is your bike doing or not doing that you would like it to do?

I'd say to buy a new ECM and sell your PV with your ECM if you're truly that unhappy w/it. I would get the bike tuned right to begin with and then incorporate the PV..

Have you tried getting a dyno tune first?
You could buy a PC-V and have the bike dyno-ed and put the PV away until you could learn it, if that's the issue?

Depending on who you purchased it from, you could ask them for assistance w/it I would think..
Your dealer could probably care less if it didn't have the stock ECM on it.
Seriously, why would they care?
There was this set up with a TTS and a new ECM in the classifieds a while back....

Old 11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Why are you so unhappy with the PV?
What is your bike doing or not doing that you would like it to do?

I'd say to buy a new ECM and sell your PV with your ECM if you're truly that unhappy w/it. I would get the bike tuned right to begin with and then incorporate the PV..

Have you tried getting a dyno tune first?
You could buy a PC-V and have the bike dyno-ed and put the PV away until you could learn it, if that's the issue?

Depending on who you purchased it from, you could ask them for assistance w/it I would think..
Your dealer could probably care less if it didn't have the stock ECM on it.
Seriously, why would they care?
There was this set up with a TTS and a new ECM in the classifieds a while back....

I am not unhappy with the PV for any reason. However, I am not a professional tuner, and none of the people I would take it to locally use it.

I simply want to upgrade to better cams and what everything I can get out of the upgrade, Like I said before, I don't just want something "close" I want the bike tuned properly.

I do not want to get into brand of cams or tuner or anything as those threads just always lead to nonsense, I'm curious what the consensus would be for a correct price on a PV unit that has been used to flash my bike 1 time and then put back in the box and in the closet.

Old 11-21-2011, 08:42 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i wonder if its like my mustang handheld tuner - if you flash back to stock tune the tuner is "unlocked" or even if powercommander would unlock it for a fee

Old 11-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by slothy
i wonder if its like my mustang handheld tuner - if you flash back to stock tune the tuner is "unlocked" or even if powercommander would unlock it for a fee
My understanding fromJamie's info on this site is that the ECM can be flashed back to stock no problem, but the PV would not be useable on another bike to flash the ECM, only to use as a Diagnostic tool. They don't want people buying one unit and tuning multiple bikes with it.

I just wanted to know if it's even worth anything to anyone as a "diagnostic" tool. Folks can handlebar mount it to monitor various things.

I just hate being married to this thing right now, since no one locally tunes with it.......

Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats how the mustang tuner is, but if you flash it back to stock then that bike is no longer "tuned" - prevents you from like you said tuning other peoples bike with it. i would call up powercommander and find out what can be done.

Quick Reply: What's a used Power Vision worth?