Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing factory Stretched BAGS

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:13 AM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fairing factory Stretched BAGS

has anyone used the Fairing Factory 4in strectched bags? i am wanting to get the CVO look for my 09 street gide. any quality concerns for these bags?

Attached Thumbnails Fairing factory Stretched BAGS-abs-bags.jpg  
Old 11-21-2011, 04:10 AM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As you can see in the picture the cut outs for the pipes are square looks real good next to a round pipes. Also as you can see in the picture they are wavy as all living get out. I bought a set and think they are complete junk!!!!! The material is flimsy at best and mine came in scrathed all to crap...I really can not believe Kuryakyn has their name with these bags.
I own a busy Collision shop here in Oklahoma and I have done bodywork and painted for over 20 years.Fairing factory bags will require at 6 hours or more bodywork, in Okla thats 264 per bag and then paint!! ..These bags are what you pay for and that is cheap.... I would not mess my bike up with these crap bags ,but it is your bike

Last edited by BIGVTWIN; 11-21-2011 at 04:13 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 04:35 AM
ngaraiderman
Cruiser

thats kind of what i thought looking at the pictures but wanted a second opinion. looks like i will be getting the bag extensions from my buddy at the stealer instead. thanks for the input

Old 01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
bufftuff
6th Gear

hey i wishing i would have read this before ordering mine a month ago... i am curious when you said you bought the bags if you were able to return them? i have been getting the run around

Old 01-11-2012, 07:22 PM
sublime_ac
Road Master

I saw these on eBay and I have seen a write up on them in Bagger Magazine.. What a load of **** selling these things to the unsuspecting public.

There are a handful of companies offering good bags from what I know:

Bad Dad
Milwuakee Customs
Acme Top Shop
Native Customs

Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 466 Likes on 192 Posts

I almost ordered a set a few weeks ago. Couldn't find any info on them, I even put up a post about them myself with very few replies. Glad that I decided against them. In the pics the bags looked extremely wavy.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatboy Brian
I almost ordered a set a few weeks ago. Couldn't find any info on them, I even put up a post about them myself with very few replies. Glad that I decided against them. In the pics the bags looked extremely wavy.
I too almost bought a set a few weeks back. I read some pretty scathing reviews on here so I decided to go with HD's extended saddlebags instead. They don't have the 4 inch look but they still extend down around the exhaust. I'm happy with them...

Last edited by fenderzig; 01-23-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Baddad. I just got their bags and Summit fender. Top quality work. Bolted right up. Would recommend to anyone.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Bigdave12768
Tourer

Top shop bag carbon, Real nice. Block and sand and good to go. Real nice. Body Shop guy told me they are top notch. They are fiberglass not ABS. Also you can get 3, 3.6 or 4in strech

Old 01-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Joker65
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this!!

I'm looking at either extending my current bags with Bad-Dad or buying the Top Shop 3" bags... The Fairing Factory are definitely out of the question!

Quick Reply: Fairing factory Stretched BAGS