Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated seat kit install on ultra ? "help"

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
My Fix
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated seat kit install on ultra ? "help"

OK guys , does anyone know where I can get my heated seat kit installed ? everyone @ upholstery shop say they know nothing about mounting the strips or the switch ! I want a professional job that looks like the harley seat or cvo seat with the switch mounted in the side of the seat ! I would like too take my cover off my seat install and put exsisting cover back on with switch mounted ! My bike is brand new , and I like the seat the way it is . Any help would be apprieciated . Pics would be good if you have had this done ! Thanks

Old 11-17-2011, 01:58 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

Upholstery shops are just that. They aren't electricians or mechanics or they would be in that business. They should however be able to remove the vinyl and you do the install on the strips and switch and they can put the vinyl back on. Who makes the heated seat kit anyway? Mean City Cycles might be able to do it for you but you will be without the seat for a while.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:03 PM
My Fix
Cruiser
Default Mean city cycles ?

Where r they located ?

Old 11-17-2011, 02:07 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts
Old 11-17-2011, 02:12 PM
rpbrown
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

It's A Leater Ministry in Irving, Tx
itsaleatherministry.net

Old 11-17-2011, 03:02 PM
ssmith579
Tourer

I vote for mean city cycles. Have them do the memory foam upgrade for $100 and they'll mount the seat heater while they're in there. Since you already have the heater they may charge a bit for installing it. Give them a call

Old 11-17-2011, 06:05 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Removing the seat cover is easy to do. Simply start removing staples.. Insert your heat strips, run your wires, and re-staple seat making sure you pull it tight. As for the switch...you can cut a small X shaped slit in the cover where you want it to be, and mount the switch in that location, leaving the slit covered by the switch...To keep the switch from moving, mount it thru the cover and into the seat pan.

Should take you no more than an hour or so to do.

Old 11-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Tank Bayard
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trailfndr
Removing the seat cover is easy to do. Simply start removing staples.. Insert your heat strips, run your wires, and re-staple seat making sure you pull it tight. As for the switch...you can cut a small X shaped slit in the cover where you want it to be, and mount the switch in that location, leaving the slit covered by the switch...To keep the switch from moving, mount it thru the cover and into the seat pan.

^ this.
just do it.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:53 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Trailfndr

Its sounds easy till you f**K it up then we get it to fix

Before

After

Old 11-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Fat Mike
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MotorcycleHotSeat.com

Heated Motorcycle Seats. They will Service Your Harley seat..saw them on eBay.. Switches, high, low...front and back seats individuality if you want. Price list and all on eBay or directly thru their website. Check them out...Nice folks. Will talk to you on the phone about everything they do.

Quick Reply: Heated seat kit install on ultra ? "help"