Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto rescue story

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 11:35 AM
amabeetle
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Moto rescue story

I bought a power commander lll 3.5 years ago from Fuel Moto USA, and their stage one air cleaner for my 2007 FLHTP. Bike worked great since then but I wanted to upgrade cams after reading about everyone else's success doing it themselves. Well I did it, took a whole weekend for me but I swapped to SE255 cams. I didn't change the map for PC3 and when I started the bike for the first time it wouldn't run worth nothing. I was sunk, all that work and I had no bike to ride. I tried a few maps off the dynojet site but none worked right for my 07 103. I was prepared to buy a PC 5 with auto tune but that's expensive. I called up Fuel Moto and explained I bought 3.5 years ago from them and may need to buy a PC 5 since I couldn't find a map for my old PClll. After talking about my upgrades they said let us try sending you a map first, if it doesn't work call us back. 2 minutes later a new PClll map was in my computer through email. I sent it to the bike and WOW! It worked. I bought my PC 3.5 years ago and instead of demanding more money they helped me get back on the road for free. Now that is excellent customer service. Thanks fellas, I'm going for a ride since the weather is nice today!!

Old 11-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Good news indeed

Old 11-15-2011, 11:41 AM
speedracer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Jamie and the crew install a 107 kit on my bike earlier this year and I agree they are the best.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:42 AM
skulz1
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice to know. I did the same mod 3 yrs ago from FM.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:48 AM
mrfikser
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

good for you...and for them...+1 once again for the dudes at fuelmoto....

Old 11-15-2011, 11:53 AM
Estil
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 7 Posts

Great customer service. Glad you're sharing this on the forum.

Old 11-15-2011, 11:56 AM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can appreciate your situation when you do an upgrade, tuner or what not, and then -
stuff goes south. Nice to have the fix to get back going again, so you can enjoy the mod you made.
I have not purchased from Fuel Moto, but they appear to go the extra mile to help customers out.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:17 PM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Thats what they do!

Originally Posted by amabeetle
I bought a power commander lll 3.5 years ago from Fuel Moto USA, and their stage one air cleaner for my 2007 FLHTP. Bike worked great since then but I wanted to upgrade cams after reading about everyone else's success doing it themselves. Well I did it, took a whole weekend for me but I swapped to SE255 cams. I didn't change the map for PC3 and when I started the bike for the first time it wouldn't run worth nothing. I was sunk, all that work and I had no bike to ride. I tried a few maps off the dynojet site but none worked right for my 07 103. I was prepared to buy a PC 5 with auto tune but that's expensive. I called up Fuel Moto and explained I bought 3.5 years ago from them and may need to buy a PC 5 since I couldn't find a map for my old PClll. After talking about my upgrades they said let us try sending you a map first, if it doesn't work call us back. 2 minutes later a new PClll map was in my computer through email. I sent it to the bike and WOW! It worked. I bought my PC 3.5 years ago and instead of demanding more money they helped me get back on the road for free. Now that is excellent customer service. Thanks fellas, I'm going for a ride since the weather is nice today!!
That is a great story about a company with a fantastic business ethic, who always comes through with a good solution.

Old 11-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How in the hell do they expect to stay in business treating people like that! Don't they know they're supposed to treat customers like crap! Sell them upgrades they don't need, and generally insult their intelligence! At least that's how my local $tealership service department treats me...

Just kidding! I just bought a PCV for the wife's Deluxe, after talking to Bryan. Very pleased with the entire transaction. They will continue to get my future business...keep up the good work guys!

Old 11-15-2011, 03:27 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's a great story. It's even more nice to hear when you have a product that "isn't the newest thing" and still offer the support you need. You see less and less of that now. Enjoy the ride.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto rescue story