Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudest Small Horn I've Heard Yet

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:53 PM
SMenasco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudest Small Horn I've Heard Yet

I had a Mini-beast on my old Heritage and liked it. When I bought the Ultra, I installed the HD loud horn. However, it was only one horn and although moderately loud, didn't satisfy me. I just installed the Stebel Nautilus, which has two reports instead of just one. At 139 db, is the loudest horn I've heard so far. Even louder than the Mini-beast. It will hurt your ears in the garage with the door down. I had to fabricate a small bracket and used the HD wiring kit and relay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/FA0D4BC22BAE415E87D3FD0F0F342759.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-01-2006, 10:35 PM
SLORider
Road Captain
Default RE: Loudest Small Horn I've Heard Yet

Do you have a photo of the horn installed?

Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Matt8643
Road Captain

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: SMenasco

I had a Mini-beast on my old Heritage and liked it. When I bought the Ultra, I installed the HD loud horn. However, it was only one horn and although moderately loud, didn't satisfy me. I just installed the Stebel Nautilus, which has two reports instead of just one. At 139 db, is the loudest horn I've heard so far. Even louder than the Mini-beast. It will hurt your ears in the garage with the door down. I had to fabricate a small bracket and used the HD wiring kit and relay.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/FA0D4BC22BAE415E87D3FD0F0F342759.jpg[/IMG]
How about some photos of how you did the install??

Bob

Old 12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Lil Truckr
Road Captain

While living down in the Fort Myers, Florida area I needed to install some horns that were very loud to move all the gray hairs out of my way. I searched around and happened to find a very nice compact set of air horns at the local Camping World. Once I purchased, I mounted them in place of my stock Harley horn. Once installed, and my little horn button was pushed, those older drivers who can barely see over the steering wheel, and who never see us motorcyclist, got out of my way very quickly. I've pasted a direct link to the air horns below for you to take a look at.

If you want to see a picture of my '02 Ultra just drop me a e-mail and I'll forward one to you. My e-mail address is: jackmroz@hotmail.com I'm not good enough with this computer stuff to figure out how to put a picture of my bike on this forum so if you want to see the horns installed on my bike you will need to send me your e-mail address. [sm=biker.gif]

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...n/skunum=27755

Old 12-02-2006, 11:28 AM
SMenasco
Road Master

Sorry, no pictures. The mounting bracket needed is a 1" X 2" piece of metal, at least 3/16" with a hole 1/2" in from the left side to mount on the bike's horn stud and another hole 1/2" from the right edge for the horn attachment, since the horn's mounting bolt has to go in from the back. Boy, is it ever loud!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/189D979814C04218874AAC19BCDAF36B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Max96
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Stebel horn in my cage.. its INSANE! People jump outta your way as they lazily drift into your lane or pull out from intersections in front of ya. Got the Howards Big Horn on the Glide...

Old 12-02-2006, 08:13 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Geez, 1/2" from the right side, 1/2" from the right edge...gimme a break. In the absence of photos or useful install info, wouldn't most of you think that buying a Mini Beast that fits outa the box would be better than the Stebel that requires jury rigging? I'm asking because I want to replace my stock horn with as little ado as possible, but with a decent horn.

BTW, someone is selling the Mini Beasts on Ebay for $116 shipped, and he has 20 available with a Buy-it-now.

Old 12-03-2006, 01:20 PM
SMenasco
Road Master

Why would you reply so hostile? I don't care if you prefer a Mini-beast. I was just relaying information. Looks like some manners and agressiveness training could be appropriate. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Here's mine. You can have a break now. Take it and install your horn.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1638/858F144B6DB04B09A0F6AABDDFBEEF4D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2006, 03:23 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Myself, I'd like to see pics if I could, but that's OK.
Iclick....I take your's and everybody's word that the Mini-beast is loud enough, but I'm not interested in it, (and I think I speak for some others as well) 'cause I don't like how it looks. (my opinion) It matters little to me that it'll just go right on easily. Same goes for the HD air horn. There are folks who think they're great too. I've heard them and was really underwhelmed by the loudness of them, and even more underwhelmed by their looks. I think they are a butt ugly, plastic POS. (my opinion again)
Relatively large, horkin' horns that are real loud are looking better to me all the time. (just my opinion)
I'm just gonna have to get over the extra work it'll take to get them on, and start wearing grey, striped coveralls when I ride, like a railroad locomotive engineer.

CN

Quick Reply: Loudest Small Horn I've Heard Yet