Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First ride with the Gerbing vest and Glove liners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM
DrQ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First ride with the Gerbing vest and Glove liners!

Riding at 45 degrees was toasty warm! Actually had to turn it off a coupla times! This set up can easily can keep me riding down to the thirties!

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

You need to get a controller so you can set it at a constant temperature that's comsortable.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:28 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Definitely need to use the dual temp controller. I've ridden with mine a few times. Coldest so far has been 37. Didn't even notice it. Now I can ride year round comfortably.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
fishbust
Tourer

Cool stuff huh?

When my knees are chattering on the fuel tanks, I am no longer having fun.

I figured once I turned 45 and getting on a bike at 5:30am for work, I could justify some heated gear.

For years all I have been using is a Widder basic vest, no collar or sleeves, no t-stat, just on/off switch, wear it form fitting over a t-shirt and build layers over that. Makes all the difference in the world.

Putting braided leather wraps on my front brake and clutch levers helped me to avoid needing heated gloves. Just have to block the metal from conducting the cold through the gloves. I usally cut the dangling braids off but I have put them on every bike I had, sort of a good luck charm too for me to put them on every bike.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Isn't It Sweet?

Originally Posted by DrQ
Riding at 45 degrees was toasty warm! Actually had to turn it off a coupla times! This set up can easily can keep me riding down to the thirties!
BUY THE CONTROLLER! That being said, this is my first year of heated wear (Gerbings jacket/liner & gloves with the Harley dual thermostat) and so far lower 30s' hasn't even phased me. As of now my winter go/no go decision will be strictly road conditions (ice / snow / rain). Time will tell how low the temps will need to go before I bow out to mother nature.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:48 PM
DrQ
Road Master

Yeah been out for the last few hours need to keep on tuning it on and off to keep my hands warm and or fry my neck. just ordered the dual controller!

Old 11-14-2011, 04:32 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,974 Likes on 11,598 Posts

Originally Posted by DrQ
just ordered the dual controller!
Wise choice.....

Old 11-14-2011, 05:17 PM
Mastergunz1371
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I rode to NC from Va last Friday 30 when I left the house even doing 75 on the interstate I had to turn down both the vest and gloves they were too warm. Best purchase if you want to ride when it's cold

Old 11-14-2011, 05:33 PM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 616 Likes on 332 Posts

Gerbing,s heated gear is one of the best investment,s you can do for cold weather riding..It is the Cat,s ***..

Old 11-14-2011, 07:03 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DrQ
Can keep ya riding longer than that. I've taken 80 mile interstate trips at full speed with temps in the single digits with my heated gear. And that was on a freekin Sporty. On the UC with all the wind blocking, I haven't even installed a plug in for my heated gear yet.

Quick Reply: First ride with the Gerbing vest and Glove liners!