Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:04 AM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Went into Corpus Christi Harley Davidson to get the rear brake switch changed out under the recall. Actually, I called THEM to see if they had received the recall, it isn't like they called me after selling me a $21k motorcycle or anything last year.

I asked them to check the back brake because it has felt pretty soft since the 20k maintenance they performed last month. They called me to tell me that they were going to replace the "front" rotors since one of them was warped (this I am truly appreciative of, but wait there's more). They also told me that the right rear shock had blown out, remember I just had it serviced last month at the 20k, why didn't they notice that then? The switch got replaced along with the front rotors they told me about. The shock is on order and will be replaced when they get it in.

I asked about whether my chrome was covered under the 2 year unlimited warranty and why my chrome is pitting and rusting in "some places", my bag latches are pitting, one of my mirror stems is rusting, I have replaced all of the inside windshield hardware with stainless. I was told that the MOCO doesn't cover chrome or pitting, but "let me see what the manager says, maybe we can do something for you".

When I went to pick up my bike I forgot to ask what the manager was willing to do for me about the chrome issues, because I now have chipped paint on my front fender. I saw this when I went out to see what the rotors looked like, etc.. When I went back in to get the girl from the service area, the guy that had worked on my bike "had went home and they couldn't confirm if he had damaged the paint, but take it to Rosie at the House of Color and she will fix it and send us the bill".

I am so tired of this crap with them, they are willing to fix the paint, but I am still out the time and effort of getting it fixed. They are certainly quick to take my money, but it seems like I am doing all the effort and their customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff; 11-11-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
69cj
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The way I see it is you have a dealer that is owning up to it and willing to fix what damage they have done. You could do a lot worse. I would quit whinning and be grateful you don't have a dealer that denies everything.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There are lots of folks who have not been notified yet of the recall. I never received a letter, but had it fixed when I took my bike in last week for another issue.

I do understand your situation if you continuously have problems. It is great that it gets fixed but I know firsthand that it sucks to have to keep going back to get a new problem fixed that was caused by the fix to the old problem. I solved the problem by switching dealers. 40 mile ride vs 4 miles but it is much nicer to get it fixed right the first time.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And you still have "soft" rear brakes, amazing

Old 11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I kinda agree about wondering why they didn't catch the blown shock and worped rotor a month ago.
On my last bike after my dealer did the 30,000 mile service, the tech told me the front cyclinder was buring a little oil and to keep an eye on it. 1,500 miles later she blew (and not because it was low on oil)

The chrome pitting is a bitch I agree, but I'm assuming you live near the ocean since you are dealing with a Corpus Christi dealer. Salt water in the air is terrible from what I have heard.

Regarding the front fender: They should take it off the bike, take it to the painter and put it back on the bike (not you).
Of course you would be without the bike while you wait on the painter. If you did it yourself, you could ride without a fender.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:09 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope everything turns out good for you.

I can understand your frustrations! It's your hard earn money.

Hyper

Old 11-11-2011, 10:13 AM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would replace the chrome, I use to be stationed in CC and can tell you the weather & gulf air is not chrome friendly there is only so much one can do. Start with using a good chrome polish for boats. (Mothers Marine PowerMetal Liquid Metal Polish) Would be my 1st step... as for the breaks..

REALLY? you couldn't feel the shudder of a warped rotor? Hmmm

The fender.. thats the dealer's BS! At least they are willing to fix that.

Just a side comment, as much as we the riders think about only our bikes the dealers are thinking of 10 to 20 bikes at a time a chip to us would be the end of the world to them it's a every day thing. Relax let them fix it as they said they would. now Ill shut up.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:21 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

While I understand that it is "great" that a dealer owns up to their mishaps....I totally understand the frustration.

How about the tech puts a fender guard on it while working, how about THEY messed up THEY take care of it. Some people make it seem like the techs are working on out prides and joys for free.....they get paid! If I screw up at work, I own up to it (get reamed) and fix the mistake......this is the way it SHOULD be!

Old 11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
While I understand that it is "great" that a dealer owns up to their mishaps....I totally understand the frustration.

How about the tech puts a fender guard on it while working, how about THEY messed up THEY take care of it. Some people make it seem like the techs are working on out prides and joys for free.....they get paid! If I screw up at work, I own up to it (get reamed) and fix the mistake......this is the way it SHOULD be!
FYI: at the dealership I use, if the tech screws up something that needs to be fixed, it comes out of his pocket, not the dealers pocket.
That is a little worse than getting reamed and probably why some techs try and slip it by customers.

If the dealership payed for it, the tech would be more willing to take responseabilty for it.
He should anyway, but as we all know "it's all about the money".

Old 11-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
FYI: at the dealership I use, if the tech screws up something that needs to be fixed, it comes out of his pocket, not the dealers pocket.
That is a little worse than getting reamed and probably why some techs try and slip it by customers.

If the dealership payed for it, the tech would be more willing to take responseabilty for it.
He should anyway, but as we all know "it's all about the money".
It is about the money, but all I'm saying is there are dealers (mine) that really take extra precautions....like a walk around when you bring it, the use guards for the tins....stuff like that. As for my work, I've had to pay out of pocket for my screw ups....it really makes me try harder to NOT f up!

Quick Reply: So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!