Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 09:44 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
I gotcha. It's amazing how many bikes come in to our shop where the owner is clueless to problems they have that they didn't know about. I guess when you ride your bike everyday it could be hard for some people to relize they are having problems, especially when the problem is slow to come. In other words, people just get used to problems that don't happen immediately.
I guess.

My school of thought is opposite. The more I ride and mess with my bike the more I notice small things that never get a chance to become big things.

A wearing brake pad, loose shock bolt, leaking fork seal, etc.

Are these things blown motors or cracked rims or major problems at all? No not really but keep riding them that way and they will be.

Put it this way...in the rare event someone else turns a wrench on my bike they're never gonna surprise me with something.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:07 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
I guess.

My school of thought is opposite. The more I ride and mess with my bike the more I notice small things that never get a chance to become big things.

A wearing brake pad, loose shock bolt, leaking fork seal, etc.

Are these things blown motors or cracked rims or major problems at all? No not really but keep riding them that way and they will be.

Put it this way...in the rare event someone else turns a wrench on my bike they're never gonna surprise me with something.
I'm more referring to small, creap up on you type things. Like neck bearing adjustments. It's one of those things that just gets progressivly worse as time and miles go by. It's not like just all of the sudden you bike start shaking really bad when you are slowing down. It's almost non-noticable for awhile. It's those little things like that I am referring to.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM
onaride63
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
Went into Corpus Christi Harley Davidson to get the rear brake switch changed out under the recall. Actually, I called THEM to see if they had received the recall, it isn't like they called me after selling me a $21k motorcycle or anything last year.

I asked them to check the back brake because it has felt pretty soft since the 20k maintenance they performed last month. They called me to tell me that they were going to replace the "front" rotors since one of them was warped (this I am truly appreciative of, but wait there's more). They also told me that the right rear shock had blown out, remember I just had it serviced last month at the 20k, why didn't they notice that then? The switch got replaced along with the front rotors they told me about. The shock is on order and will be replaced when they get it in.

I asked about whether my chrome was covered under the 2 year unlimited warranty and why my chrome is pitting and rusting in "some places", my bag latches are pitting, one of my mirror stems is rusting, I have replaced all of the inside windshield hardware with stainless. I was told that the MOCO doesn't cover chrome or pitting, but "let me see what the manager says, maybe we can do something for you".

When I went to pick up my bike I forgot to ask what the manager was willing to do for me about the chrome issues, because I now have chipped paint on my front fender. I saw this when I went out to see what the rotors looked like, etc.. When I went back in to get the girl from the service area, the guy that had worked on my bike "had went home and they couldn't confirm if he had damaged the paint, but take it to Rosie at the House of Color and she will fix it and send us the bill".

I am so tired of this crap with them, they are willing to fix the paint, but I am still out the time and effort of getting it fixed. They are certainly quick to take my money, but it seems like I am doing all the effort and their customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!

I hate that Dealer. We always got to Port o'conor every 4th. I always take a trip or to too Corpus. I wanted to do a base run and the chick service writer to me 3 bills. i tell her, not a tune just a base run so I can compare numbers between where I live and here at sea level. She didn't get it and I told her to earn her job. Lame !!!!