Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 PM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 102 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
Remember that next time you pick up your bike from a dealership and you've got to take 1/2 a day off of work or need to have something painted then we will be listening to your post. Mistakes, yup they happen but much too often back behind the scene. Walk back there and look around at the work areas of the techs , its a bunger waiting to happen. This is not an occasional mistake example, these events are from haste and neglect...
Yep I am quite familiar about what goes on in the shop...I have worked on bikes most of my life and on Harley over the past 20 years...I have learned to cover my *** from people wanting the shop to repair something that happened somewhere else a digital camera is an important tool in my tool box now...Like I said no one is perfect...If I damage something I will be the first to tell the customer...I make it a point to be more careful with other people's property than my own...It kind of makes me sick to see adults act like a spoiled kid because something didn't go their way...And yes I have had cars damaged at shops before...And handled it like an adult without going on the internet and whining about it...Mistakes happen...It is a fact of life...If you can't deal with it you might want to do all of your own work.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All, well most all of you, thanks for your concern and understanding. For those of you who begrudge the fact that I am concerned about something that I am paying for, kiss my hairy white a$$.

I am not for a second trying to get anything that I don't deserve, but I don't deserve to lose hours from my job taking care of something that is someone else's fault.

I went back and spoke with the customer service manager and he is making it right by me, the bike is currently in their shop having the fork lowers replaced under warranty and the fender is pulled off to be painted. He gave me his genuine concern about the damage and didn't try and snowball me about it having happened. He gave me a rental while my bike is being worked on and has given me his word that he will do his best to instill a little more professionalism in his folks. We made the deal that when I come back, I will work with him or the other guy in his shop, but not the girl that didn't care about my bike.

I know that $h!t happens and I am OK with that, I simply would have liked them to tell me about something happening instead of me having found it. OK, I think that I have reached my limited of whining/stating my point/crying/etc.. Again, thanks for your support and I plan to put down many more miles on my beloved RKC, Loraine!

Old 11-29-2011, 08:43 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CC HD is my dealer and they have always done me a good job. Just goes to show that you only hear about the bad deals and rarely the good.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:49 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bdp
CC HD is my dealer and they have always done me a good job. Just goes to show that you only hear about the bad deals and rarely the good.
bdp, how many positive posts have your dropped about CCHD on here? Have they ever screwed your bike up and not told you about it up front? Just asking to give your comment an "apples to apples" comparison.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:57 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is relatively easy. Make them fix it, tell them to get ****ed and take your money to another dealer.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:04 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
bdp, how many positive posts have your dropped about CCHD on here? Have they ever screwed your bike up and not told you about it up front? Just asking to give your comment an "apples to apples" comparison.
I did not exclude myself in the statement I made, and to answer your ? I don't recall making any positive post about CC HD.

Old 11-29-2011, 09:06 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Let me get something straight...

You own the motorcycle but expect the dealer to take care of it?

Service your own damn bike.

You have pitting and rusting chrome because you won't spend the time to polish it. You have a rear shock that blew out because you never looked at it, and you have a warped rotor because you never checked it.

Yet you expect the dealer to fix these things.

The dealer chipped your paint and is taking it on the chin.

So far the you've done more damage to your bike than corpus Christi Harley has, and they've taken more responsibility for their shortcomings than you have.

You bought a grownup toy...act like a grownup.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:27 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
Let me get something straight...

You own the motorcycle but expect the dealer to take care of it?

Service your own damn bike.

You have pitting and rusting chrome because you won't spend the time to polish it. You have a rear shock that blew out because you never looked at it, and you have a warped rotor because you never checked it.

Yet you expect the dealer to fix these things.

The dealer chipped your paint and is taking it on the chin.

So far the you've done more damage to your bike than corpus Christi Harley has, and they've taken more responsibility for their shortcomings than you have.

You bought a grownup toy...act like a grownup.
his bike was in getting recall work done.

This is why I like working for an Indy, when I wrenched at a dealer everything was always about time. You have "X" amount of time to get this job done. The book says it takes this long to do this. Etc. The Indy shop I work for is differn't. A job takes as long as it takes. I finish a job and have time to clean up my area and put tools away. Oh yeah, we also have an open door policy. Customers are free to roam the shop all they want, we just ask that they respect other peoples bikes, look but please don't touch. I often have costomers come back to chat while i'm wrenching. We have nothing to hide.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:34 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by harleytuner
his bike was in getting recall work done.

This is why I like working for an Indy, when I wrenched at a dealer everything was always about time. You have "X" amount of time to get this job done. The book says it takes this long to do this. Etc. The Indy shop I work for is differn't. A job takes as long as it takes. I finish a job and have time to clean up my area and put tools away. Oh yeah, we also have an open door policy. Customers are free to roam the shop all they want, we just ask that they respect other peoples bikes, look but please don't touch. I often have costomers come back to chat while i'm wrenching. We have nothing to hide.
I know what the bike was in for, I have no problem reading.

But his bike was in a short while earlier for a 20k service and op was mad they missed x y and z.

My point being, the op missed x y and z also.

How can anyone on here expect someone else to take better care of their bike than they can be bothered to?

Old 11-30-2011, 06:58 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
I know what the bike was in for, I have no problem reading.

But his bike was in a short while earlier for a 20k service and op was mad they missed x y and z.

My point being, the op missed x y and z also.

How can anyone on here expect someone else to take better care of their bike than they can be bothered to?
I gotcha. It's amazing how many bikes come in to our shop where the owner is clueless to problems they have that they didn't know about. I guess when you ride your bike everyday it could be hard for some people to relize they are having problems, especially when the problem is slow to come. In other words, people just get used to problems that don't happen immediately.

Quick Reply: So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!