Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Ron "Gunner" Retzlaff
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
While I understand that it is "great" that a dealer owns up to their mishaps....I totally understand the frustration.

How about the tech puts a fender guard on it while working, how about THEY messed up THEY take care of it. Some people make it seem like the techs are working on out prides and joys for free.....they get paid! If I screw up at work, I own up to it (get reamed) and fix the mistake......this is the way it SHOULD be!
Amen Ricky, my issue is the they weren't even going to say anything about the paint being damaged until I brought it to them. Then they said the service guy was already gone and then immediately gave me a business card to have it fixed. I stopped by Rosie place today and she is going to repaint it the Monday after Thanksgiving.

Yes, I am happy that they are going to pay for it. No, I am not happy about having to have it repaired because they didn't take the time to place a fender cover on my bike while working on it. THAT IS COMPLETE BS!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:39 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,528 Likes on 1,423 Posts

Sorry about the problems at the dealer, this kind of thing gets next to me. I do 99.9% of my work on all my vehicles for this reason. I had a flat on my truck once, could not break the lugs with a big 4-way, had to impact - good thing I was home! Fussed at the shop, but now rotate my own wheels. When I bought my Harley, I bought the service manual with it, and enjoy doing my own work. When we take them in for issues, this is a good reminder to look it over real good before, and fine tooth comb after the work. All who claim to be mechanics don't live up to the standard that many of us insist on. When it doesn't, I think we have a duty to report this to the proper authorities to be made right, train and prevent from repeating, and strive to be the best service and value for what we pay for.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:44 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gmcretz
Went into Corpus Christi Harley Davidson to get the rear brake switch changed out under the recall. Actually, I called THEM to see if they had received the recall, it isn't like they called me after selling me a $21k motorcycle or anything last year.

I asked them to check the back brake because it has felt pretty soft since the 20k maintenance they performed last month. They called me to tell me that they were going to replace the "front" rotors since one of them was warped (this I am truly appreciative of, but wait there's more). They also told me that the right rear shock had blown out, remember I just had it serviced last month at the 20k, why didn't they notice that then? The switch got replaced along with the front rotors they told me about. The shock is on order and will be replaced when they get it in.

I asked about whether my chrome was covered under the 2 year unlimited warranty and why my chrome is pitting and rusting in "some places", my bag latches are pitting, one of my mirror stems is rusting, I have replaced all of the inside windshield hardware with stainless. I was told that the MOCO doesn't cover chrome or pitting, but "let me see what the manager says, maybe we can do something for you".

When I went to pick up my bike I forgot to ask what the manager was willing to do for me about the chrome issues, because I now have chipped paint on my front fender. I saw this when I went out to see what the rotors looked like, etc.. When I went back in to get the girl from the service area, the guy that had worked on my bike "had went home and they couldn't confirm if he had damaged the paint, but take it to Rosie at the House of Color and she will fix it and send us the bill".

I am so tired of this crap with them, they are willing to fix the paint, but I am still out the time and effort of getting it fixed. They are certainly quick to take my money, but it seems like I am doing all the effort and their customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!
I really don't see a problem. Looks like You were treated fairly.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:51 PM
HandleBarLouie
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The odds of your chrome being covered are 0%. Clean your bike more often, that salt air is nasty. I wipe down the leading edges of my bike after every ride to keep the chrome nice here at the beach in California. Its the price you pay for daily rides up the coast.

Old 11-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Another HD dealer, my brother took his Heritage in for his 1000 mile service. I was with him. We were impressed at first since they carefully examine the bike to note any damage before taking the bike in. Gives you the impression that they have their act together...BUT, when we came back to get the bike...it was returned with white plastic melted on the pipes AND brake fluid on the front fender...Not only did they NOT take proper care of a Customers bike, but did not even take the effort to clean up their mess. Our last HD service and we stopped sending our money their way. Enjoy their bikes but don't trust them on service, ever...parts only when no American made parts are available...

Old 11-12-2011, 04:47 AM
geezer glide 56
Road Warrior
Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts

No I am not going to tell anyone to quit whining or get over it...But I do have to wonder how many of you are perfect and never make a mistake at work...Not any of you right?...We all make mistakes...It is how we handle it that is important...I would hate to know That I had to deal with some of you after making an honest mistake.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

When I wrenched at a dealership we had a guy come in and say I scratched his saddle bag lid, I new for a fact that I didn't. My boss was really cool about it since is just took a buff job to fix it, the customer was happy in the end. But I was pissed. IMO it was making me look careless (and I take alot of pride in my work). Long story short, out was guy stepped up and said he did it.

Just lettling you all know that the tech isn't the only one around your bikes. Whenever I get a bike on my rack I look it over real good, if I catch a problem I reort it to my service writer so I don't take the blame. Our writer inspects the bikes and has the customer sign the paper when he checks them in as well. But he misses stuff occasionally. You'd all be surprised at the amount of people that try to get stuff they know is damaged fixed for free.

To the OP, sorry about your frustration, unfortunately this stuff happens, it's how they deal with it that tells their character. IMO they are doing what they need to. Maybe they should've caught the broken shock at the service though. But who's to say it didn't go bad after the service? You said you yourself didn't notice it untill afterwards.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:01 AM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I believe the issue here is the lack of interest in doing a detailed job the first time.

We all have this issue with someone somewhere when the job contracted for is not done per the agreement. Sadly this is a world wide affair not only in the US, but in the US there should be a manage, owner etc... to which grievances can be addressed and responses requested.

good luck and keep rolling, remember you don't go down the road on the paint.

Old 11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
No I am not going to tell anyone to quit whining or get over it...But I do have to wonder how many of you are perfect and never make a mistake at work...Not any of you right?...We all make mistakes...It is how we handle it that is important...I would hate to know That I had to deal with some of you after making an honest mistake.
Remember that next time you pick up your bike from a dealership and you've got to take 1/2 a day off of work or need to have something painted then we will be listening to your post. Mistakes, yup they happen but much too often back behind the scene. Walk back there and look around at the work areas of the techs , its a bunger waiting to happen. This is not an occasional mistake example, these events are from haste and neglect...

Old 11-12-2011, 09:04 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
Somebody in HD's shop makes an honest mistake and damages your fender. No problem.It happens. But they fail to tell anyone that they just damaged your fender, thereby trying to pass the expense of repairing it to you. Problem. Get it?

Quick Reply: So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!