Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 11:28 AM
TLWiz
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some dealers seem to take a lot more care with service than do others. If they used the service covers to protect the tins while working on them, you would not have the paint chip. Slapdash service like that would have me looking elsewhere for service.
It is H-D's job to notifiy you of the recall, and you should receive a letter about that soon. I suspect that the recall parts might get scarce after the letters go out and feel lucky to have heard about it ahead of the letters and already have the fix done.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nicky Pass
It is about the money, but all I'm saying is there are dealers (mine) that really take extra precautions....like a walk around when you bring it, the use guards for the tins....stuff like that. As for my work, I've had to pay out of pocket for my screw ups....it really makes me try harder to NOT f up!
I hear ya, I just didn't know about the tech having to pay for his own screw up until last August when I was standing at the counter and a tech came up to order a part he'd screwed up. Then during the converstion it was all told.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 AM
kirkw101
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm laying on the. Couch at cchd right now. Front rotor is getting looked at. At the 20k service , 3k miles ago, they didn't notice the rotor was wavy.
I was told they only check pad thickness. Not if the rotor is true or not.
The CS here does suck. This isn't the first time either.
I was much happy with tripps hd in Amarillo.
Oh well, the leather couch is comfy.

Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All these guys that say get over it. Wait until it happens to them.

They will be crying like a baby!

Some people want you to think they have everything under control and some are honest.

Have a great day!

Hyper

Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 190 Posts

All of this sounds like warranty work, except the damage to the paint that they are paying for. The chrome is debatable but sounds like they are willing to do something (maybe cover all of it).
Doesn't sound to me like a dealer that is after more of your $ than you agree to. I'm assuming you knew the purchase price and the 20k service price.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:33 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

At the dealer I go to, (not often) when you take the bike in for any kind of service the service writer ask you what you are there for and then goes over the bike looking for any kind of damage, and if they see something they bring it to your attention right away, this takes a couple of extra minutes, but makes a lot of sense IMHO.

Old 11-11-2011, 12:50 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I really don't see the issue here except that some mechanic has slippery fingers. Take it and get it fixed and you'll feel better. And since you live near Corpus Christi, wax it more often. Your rust issues are from salt water air.

Old 11-11-2011, 04:48 PM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 69cj
The way I see it is you have a dealer that is owning up to it and willing to fix what damage they have done. You could do a lot worse. I would quit whinning and be grateful you don't have a dealer that denies everything.

The way I read Gmcretz post, the dealer didn't own up to it. The mechanic should have admitted chipping his fender, told the service dept, then told Gmcretz. He noticed the chip when he went to check the rotor. What if he hadn't noticed the chip until he got home? Another sloppy mechanic or shop person not owning up to his or her mistake, hoping the customer doesn't notice. Walk out onto the showroom floor and f***up a fender on one of the dealer's shiny new CVO's and see what happens. There is absolutely no difference. To those of you telling him it's no big deal, and to quite whining, I hope all of your trips to the dealer are filled with sunshine.

DJK

Last edited by djkolp; 11-11-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:05 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Another perfect example of why I do everything I can to avoid taking my bike to a dealer. I don't care if they own up to a GD tech chipping the paint, whata they got chimpanzees working back there. These are Harley Davidson motorcycles and they aint cheep so take care of the damn thing while it's in your care.....wheww ok....I feel better. Seriously tho, I'm having a tough time deciding if I even want to take it in for the switch replacement...I honestly would prefer to do it myself. People think I'm mental when I tell them I really don't want to take my bike into a dealership, then I read this and think...humm what's my problem they'll take care of it....yeah right. Owning up to it or not it really is BS.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Tex42
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm always amazed at the people that post on here" stop whining" or "get over it" like you should be happy that the dealer is finally doing what's right--after you force them to own up to their screw ups.
I work hard for my money, paid big dollars for their product and expect due consideration when I go into their dealership. Because they hired someone who does a shitty job, screws up or makes me go fix what they broke on my time really pisses me off.
Don't tell me "to get over it" or "stop whining".

Quick Reply: So tired of BS service from CC Harley Davidson!!!