Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum bashing?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006 | 11:16 AM
JeffSG
Road Warrior
Default RE: Forum bashing?!

I find most of the negativity to be humorous. Most of the members here are intelligent, creative and funny. This combination always makes for good reading no matter what the topic. Also, some of the information provided is priceless. Some good advice for any new member would be how to use the search issue. Perhaps they should take a test prior to receiving their ID. LOL Also, it would not be a good idea to start a new thread on '07 tranny issues.

Ride safe,

Old 12-01-2006 | 11:18 AM
chesterbud
Cruiser

I've only been a member of this forum for a short time and while you'll always find some bashing, I've found this forums members to be really helpful. While I was making my decision to buy either a Goldwing or the Ultra I joined the GL1800Riders forum to get info on Wings. If you want to see bashing go take a look at it. HDF is great and please everyone let's keep it this way!!!

Old 12-01-2006 | 11:21 AM
Hardly Dangerous
Road Captain

[/quote]

Speaking of that......What does everyone think of "Draggin Baggers" I wish someone would post some info on them!!!![8D]

[/quote]

Hehehehehehe! [sm=boink3.gif] [sm=deal.gif] [sm=closed.gif]

Old 12-01-2006 | 11:38 AM
bikergirl40
Elite HDF Member

For the most part, I think this is is a great forum for technical questions, or any question for that matter. Sure there are a select few that might moan about repeat questions, but that will happen. Especially with the number of members we have, you can't expect there won't be negative responses, even for the simplest and most innocent things ... like someone getting a new puppy, for instance. We all understand that there will always be new members, or members who have been away, or members who just can't read each and every thread and post...I know I certainly can't. A lot of the time, posting a question is a means to start a conversation. That's what this whole forum is about...a meeting of the minds and conversation (sometimes about Harleys, sometimes not).

Pfffffttt, it just part of the package when dealing with such a large group.

Old 12-01-2006 | 12:25 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: davidh

I have been a member for a short period of time (maybe a year or so)... it seems like the spirit of the forum (responses to problems) has grown more and more negative, critical of those who may have a question. Is this me and my short time here, or is it so?
The only problem I see is newer guys jump on right off the bat ask the same questions that have been asked 50 times before.This caues some to give them a hard time. Like all forums the best information is found by searching a subject first, then if you don't find the answer post a question.

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:02 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

Tis the season...............
so,,,On bounty,,,,,on gunner,,,,on grunt ,,,,,,, and blitsen.......
on anubiss,,,,,,,,,,,on hardly,,,,,,,,chester,,,,,,and christien......
Bash away,, bash away,,Bash away alll
come back to HD forums...lets have a ball!!!!

I'm to funny!!! lol

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:06 PM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

I think somebody told me that Draggin Baggers are the ones you are supposed to buy drinks for
ORIGINAL: Hardly Dangerous

Speaking of that......What does everyone think of "Draggin Baggers" I wish someone would post some info on them!!!![8D]

[/quote]

Hehehehehehe! [sm=boink3.gif] [sm=deal.gif] [sm=closed.gif]
[/quote]

Old 12-01-2006 | 02:04 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

Just don't ask about synthetic oils, seats, handlebars, tires, or which model or color you should buy. Follow those few simple rules and all should be good.

Old 12-01-2006 | 03:23 PM
CNC WHEEL GUY
Road Warrior

Speaking of that......What does everyone think of "Draggin Baggers" I wish someone would post some info on them!!!!
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=icon_blah.gif] Jeez, I never saw a post on that subject!

[sm=bangbang.gif][sm=bicker.gif][sm=chairshot.gif][sm=closed.gif][sm=deadhorse.gif]

Old 12-01-2006 | 03:40 PM
lickmstickmman
Tourer

Terry brings ups a good point about not seeing something a month ago. There are so many new posts here that it is easy to miss a question from day to day. I havent been here long, but the bashing here seems no more or less than any other forums I belong to, whether it be the **** ones or car ones!!!

Benji

Quick Reply: Forum bashing?!