Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum bashing?!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:40 AM
anubisss
Banned
Default RE: Forum bashing?!

Ask away...

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:45 AM
Matt8643
Road Captain

I haven't noticed any change in the forum.

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:52 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

When I started on here (back when computers had hand cranks) there were only around 3000 members and everything was a little different. I've seen some newer members get flamed recently for their questions. I don't like it when that happens. Remember, new members don't know what we discussed last month. They are just trying to get a feel for the board. We should welcome new members and try to help them. I swear though, if I see one more 1%er or How Do You Wave thread, I'm gonna start bashing too.

Old 12-01-2006 | 01:59 AM
Peekaboo Bob
Outstanding HDF Member

You will, as sure as the sun will come up tomorrow.
ORIGINAL: Terry1955

When I started on here (back when computers had hand cranks) there were only around 3000 members and everything was a little different. I've seen some newer members get flamed recently for their questions. I don't like it when that happens. Remember, new members don't know what we discussed last month. They are just trying to get a feel for the board. We should welcome new members and try to help them. I swear though, if I see one more 1%er or How Do You Wave thread, I'm gonna start bashing too.

Old 12-01-2006 | 02:04 AM
Big Sled
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Veteran: Army

yup,
it all comes back around to being a family. IMO if you are honestly into your Harley, or everything about them, and didn't just buy a lawn ornament, then you are likely a strong individualist, you're likely leathered up a bit from life, have a particular toughness on some feelings that gets triggered occasionally, but you like old dogs.

And SOME citizens, if they read some of the threads, think we're nuckin futs and oughta be sent to reeducation camps... oh, sorry Hillary!
ORIGINAL: lenrough

Yeah, but it's not like we don't get together and sing Kumbyah and do the group hug thing too!!!

Old 12-01-2006 | 08:48 AM
DragonNester
Tourer

I think it's the pack mentality at work. It will change as lead dogs swap in and out.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:35 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member

As far as flaming goes this site is pretty relaxed.There is a non bike forum(four wheeling) I go to and a lot of people get flamed for asking repeat questions.
On HD Forums it seems to be ok to post repeat questions like what insurance,what oil,how to buy a Harley,etc-,etc-.

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:39 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

plus its good to stir the pot once in a while......
dont like it? try ctrl,alt,delete

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:44 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: pococj

LOL, y'all ain't nuthin but a buncha garbage barge ridin' first cousins to Gold Wingers, anyway! [8D]
That's bettern bein a oil leakin, tire wobblin, primer painted, got a toilet plunger for a gearshift, kmart handlebarred, nose pickinandhidintheboogersundermygaskap wannabe, ANYDAY[sm=escape.gif]

Old 12-01-2006 | 09:47 AM
sleepneagle
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm with Terry, except I think the political and religion threads need to be stuffed where the sun don't shine. I get tired of the BS, oil, wave, what scoot to buy, etc.. They have been answered/discussed into the ground. learn what the search button is for!

Quick Reply: Forum bashing?!