Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock werks

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM
2008 glide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Klock werks

hi, does any one have or used a klock werks flip up windshield? or same type of windshield ? looking to buy one. have a flhx looking at a 6.5 flare or a standard style 6 inch. any thoughts?

Old 11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

I have used one. Their have been many threads on the subject comparing different shields. Check those out. If you're still on the fence, check us out. Contact me and I will make you a great deal, as I do for all of our HDF members. And if you don't like how mine does, I'll take it back fully refunded! Pm me if interested.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
LADNAR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1
I have used one. Their have been many threads on the subject comparing different shields. Check those out. If you're still on the fence, check us out. Contact me and I will make you a great deal, as I do for all of our HDF members. And if you don't like how mine does, I'll take it back fully refunded! Pm me if interested.
that sounds like a pretty safe deal there.

I like that there's no pressure to purchase, but if you do and don't like it; no worries.

Good sponsor response!

I'm not affiliated, and still have my stock shield.
If I do ever switch though, that's the kind of offer I like to see!

Old 11-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Mick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 6.5" Klockwerks flare light tint shield.
Now I'm about 5'8" and "just" see over a 7" shield comfortably , so I figured the Klockwerks would work for me.
Personally , I don't like that much wind around my head , but the shield made my bike handle quite a bit better than any shield I've tried.
I might have used it more if my riding was done in an area where it's really hot all the time.
I do like my LRS 7" ultra flip best out of all the shields I've tried , and the wind is manageable behind it.
The protection is just a little better and that made enough difference to me.
The LRS is much better if you "ever" have to look through it compared to the Klockwerks.
Mick

Old 11-09-2011, 04:32 PM
buggy
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a tinted 6.5 in the classifieds $100 shipped. pm me

Old 11-09-2011, 05:37 PM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by longrideshields-1

I've already decided that I'm going w/the LongRideShield Ultra 12". My wife thinks I should go w/the clear tint while I'm leaning toward the medium or dark tint to go w/my black bike and I don't do much night riding. I'm 6'4" and have no problem seeing over my stock 12" shield.

Xmas is coming soon and sooooo many descisions..... LOL

Old 11-09-2011, 06:03 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHTCU2007Ken
I've already decided that I'm going w/the LongRideShield Ultra 12". My wife thinks I should go w/the clear tint while I'm leaning toward the medium or dark tint to go w/my black bike and I don't do much night riding. I'm 6'4" and have no problem seeing over my stock 12" shield.

Xmas is coming soon and sooooo many descisions..... LOL
You're a tall guy! You should double check to see if you could get away with a 10" or 11". The flip up makes a huge difference compared to the stock.
I love the dark tint. It can be a bit of a challenge to see through clearly at night, but you're looking over it the majority of the time anyway. Medium is no problem for me to see through at night. I tried to get some good comparative pictures up on our website and a video of the different tints, but it's still really difficult to show the true differences without seeing them in person.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer

I know! I know! I've been bashing my brains in trying to decide. It's not so much "seeing through" as it's ... the buffeting... the rain OVER my head....

If the 12" is too tall, can I return it for a shorter one??? I know you guys have a GREAT return policy...

Let me know. My bro-in-law is buying it for me for xmas!!!

Thanks So much.

Ken

Old 11-09-2011, 06:26 PM
FLHTCU2007Ken
Tourer

Forgot to mention, we've been in contact and you referred me to your youtube videos comparing the tints... What a difference heading into the sun regarding the glare.

I'm thinking the med. or dark tint.... and I've seen the height measurement vids... I'm still thinking the 12".

Thanks SO much.

Regards,
Ken

Old 11-09-2011, 06:41 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

In general, the trick is to get a shield tall enough to put the 'dirty' air above your helmet, or short enough to put it beneath the helmet. 'Dirty' air is the air that's disturbed by the windshield's passage. For example, in the Winter I have a 12" shield (on my batwing) that I can look through. This puts the 'dirty' air above my helmet. In the Summer, I put a 6.5" Klock Werks shield on, and lower the fairing 3/4". This puts the dirty air just below my chin. Either way--above or below my helmet--I don't get any helmet buffet.

There's also the possibility you're getting wind up under the fairing, coming in under your bars. Lowers on the fairing, or similar devices (that cut the lower stream of air) will help this. As does the air-block that bolts between the fork legs, beneath the triple tree.

The recurve on the Klock Werks might direct the wind a little higher than a stock 6.5", but I don't think it will be much.

Alan

Quick Reply: Klock werks