Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I love this machine!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011 | 11:38 PM
Ben E
|
Road Captain
Default I love this machine!

I love this Harley Davidson motorcycle. I have had it one year, 8,000 miles and $7,000 after purchase (2011 FHLR otd $18, 200). Hadn't owned a bike since I was a teen-ager. My Daddy died and I decided to spend half of the 50k on a harley.

Tough/meaningful year. Turned fitty last month, OL's and my daddies died. Got a DUI and trying to stay in the rooms. Yet, OL and I are both with good jobs and still in love. She understands my need to ride, it's a struggle sometimes because she's worried for me out there, has little intersted (yet) of gettng 2up, but I am blessed.

Childfree, no kids, with a 100 mile commute. rt..i take her 2 or 3 days a week through the flat backroads of the Eatern Shore of Maryland. Did a 5,00 ride on the BRP, Dragon, etc last May.

Riding and caring for this machine is keeping me sane. Yeah, I got the fever--mods and spending money (psyched for a ride to FM for a 107 and the 2/1/2 this spring), but it means more to me then all that.

At this point in my life, I NEED this HD motorcyle. Without her I'd be worse off.

Ride!

Benny

Old 11-09-2011 | 04:18 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. You've just described the reason why most of us ride. And yes, the Road King is a wonderful bike. Welcome to the half century club.

DJK

Old 11-09-2011 | 07:50 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Riding and caring for this machine is keeping me sane. Yeah, I got the fever--mods and spending money (psyched for a ride to FM for a 107 and the 2/1/2 this spring), but it means more to me then all that.

At this point in my life, I NEED this HD motorcyle. Without her I'd be worse off.

Ride!

Benny[/QUOTE]

You got that right dude. I typed a paper for my psychology in which I told the teacher if everyone had a Harley she would be out of a job.

Old 11-09-2011 | 07:58 AM
Clutch70
Road Master

Sorry about your families loss. your Harley loves you too!

Old 11-09-2011 | 08:11 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. I understand totally. Many times I feel the same! Take Care. JR

Old 11-09-2011 | 08:13 AM
beary
Grand HDF Member

My wife was pretty mad when I bought my first Harley. I got a really good deal on it and my plan was to ride it for a few weeks then resale it to make a little profit. A couple months later I told her it was up for sale in craigslist. She told me not to sale it because I was always in a good mood after I rode it.

Riding my Harley is therapy, I don't know why. But honestly I think it is a guy thing. Something in our soul draws us to machines and adventure. Flying is the same for me, but it is a lot more expensive. Our senses need to be exercised and machines like Harleys, airplanes, cars with V8's do that for us. I can't say my Harley makes me more of a man, but I think not having an outlet like my Harley starts to make me feel like less of a man. And that's not good.

Its therapy.

Beary

Old 11-09-2011 | 10:55 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

>>> ...trying to stay in the rooms.

Ride the bike and keep comin'!

Old 11-09-2011 | 11:36 AM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

My sympathies for you and your Wife. I totally understand. I lost my 8 year old Daughter back in Feb '07 smack dab in the middle of a divorce that I didn't want. Thought about ending it many times but found solace in taking up riding again. (after a 25 year hiatus) Bought my first Harley in April of '07. I can honestly say that riding has saved my life on numerous occassions. Riding DEFINITELY has therapeutic value beyond the comprehension of those who have never ridden.

Last edited by Gearhead3; 11-09-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 11-09-2011 | 11:50 AM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
..... Riding DEFINITELY has therapeutic value beyond the comprehension of those who have never ridden.
Well stated. Quality helmet time is very important to my well being.

Old 11-09-2011 | 12:13 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member

Second best stress reducer in the world. Lots of days where my wife says "just go ride and we'll talk when you get back". The best days are when she combines that with the number one stress reducer!

Quick Reply: I love this machine!