Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f#$%k dealer dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:56 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default f#$%k dealer dropped my bike

took my 11 roadglide ultra in for the recall well then it started while i was outside smoking i hear bag but i knew that the lifted plates make noise when they are lowering the lift so i didnt think anything well waiting for it to go to the detailer i still dont see my bike but i do see 5 other tech trying to pick it up.so now they ordered my new saddle bag and they were putting stock handle bars back on it until i said no now i want the cvo roadglide ultra bars and no question asked they ordered them.my question to everyone is did i make a right choice by getting those cvo bars?any input would be great.oh and if anyone wants to know recall was done in 30min.but to drop,pick-up and check for damages will take additional 1 hour.Mother F!@#kers.
PS it fell on its left side were the kickstand is

Old 11-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member

Received 6,444 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Fkn' dealer! Back to kickstand 101.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:02 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

...first off...if I was you I would go over that bike with a fine-tooth-comb...check it REAL good for other scratches before accepting it back from the dealer..as far as the bars?.I don't know how someone can.."go wrong" with a set of bars as long as you have tried them first and like the way they fit you...good luck

Old 11-08-2011, 05:04 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Wow I think I would have lost it. But maybe it will end up being worth it in the end. I hope so.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 11-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Chris Creole
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 days after I took my 2012 brand new SG home my friend asked if I dropped it already, had a big 1x1" gouge on right side of fairing, I took it back and showed them, well luckly they took pictures before i road it off cause in the picture it had the marks, 45 min later i had a new fairing.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:19 PM
scootadoc
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not to diminish the seriousness of this situation, but I will say that in a busy shop bikes get dropped.

No, it's NOT ok, just putting out a simple fact based on my own experiences as both a wrench and a service manager for a dealership (that's the guy that gets to explain everything to the customer...what fun).

And I would agree that a thorough inspection is warranted. If she went down hard, you also might want to check for any wierd vibrations, etc.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:24 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

They are human, as long as they fix it, no reason to cry about it or blame.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:26 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** happens. the important thing is they owned up to it, and appear to be doing what they have to to make it right. I'd say that's about the best you can expect. Get the bike out in some good daylight and go over it several times, take it for a test ride, and take pictures before you accept it back...because they WILL make you sign something releasing them from further claims before they let you take it home.

If you don't get greedy and take advantage of this accident they'll most likely work with you to make it right.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM
donf610
Cruiser

sorry for your troubles with dealer.
what was the recall for?

Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain

jeff i hear what ur saying but when i asked a couple of times what happen and they said it just slipped there is no damage i said BS i got the manager and he looked and saw the bars were bent then the writer tells me since i didnt see the scratch on the saddle bag at write up we will fix that also and mind u its the same side the bike fell on i think u would be pissed also.but again it might of never happen to you and never wish it would but i think u be pissed.thats why im making a big deal about but i wasnt even mad at the tech more at the writer for saying it slip no damage.i guess each there own

Quick Reply: f#$%k dealer dropped my bike