Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f#$%k dealer dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

It is unfortunate that they dropped your bike. I think they tried to deny anything as well because in times like these, there are plenty of people lining up to take their jobs. A screw up like that could easily land someone on unemployment.

I will give them kudos though for stepping up and repairing everything, and also upgrading you to some new bars. Things work out, and in the end, you'll get your bike back better than when you took it in.

Keep positive, and be respectful. Not saying you aren't already. But know that you'll get much farther by treating people like people, and not peons.

Old 11-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear your tale of woe, hope it all works out for you.

Howver, punctuation is your friend.....

Shakey

Old 11-09-2011, 11:04 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
They can make a mistake with yours, not mine. I would be upset with MYSELF if I dropped it. And since I do ALL my own work chances are I wont be going to the dealer to fix anything. IF I do I hope he wont rush either so as to not drop my damn bike, reflect on that.
I do all my own work too, except warranty repairs and recalls. I'd be upset if they drop my bike too but like I said, sh*t happens. As long as they fix it promptly, completely and add something for the inconvenience, I'd be fine.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:39 AM
husky
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's the Dealer?

Old 11-09-2011, 12:08 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Man! I would really check the front fender, fairing and the tank. If it bent the bars I would be amazed that nothing else was dinged or scratched. Also, Check to make sure the bike rides straight. The forks can get tweaked in a fall. I'd like to say I'd be cool but I'd be lying. I'd have a fit especially if they tried to deny anything. I'm not the kind of person who yells and hollers much but if someone tried to tell me some problem was existing it would get ugly.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:06 PM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scootadoc
Not to diminish the seriousness of this situation, but I will say that in a busy shop bikes get dropped.

No, it's NOT ok, just putting out a simple fact based on my own experiences as both a wrench and a service manager for a dealership (that's the guy that gets to explain everything to the customer...what fun).

And I would agree that a thorough inspection is warranted. If she went down hard, you also might want to check for any wierd vibrations, etc.
You're probably right, but they better not try and cover it up. That would **** me off beyond belief. Now, if they dropped it, fessed up and said they would make it right, then Ok.