Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f#$%k dealer dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:20 PM
minesweeper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can understand OCC dropping bikes with all that "drama fo yo mama", but a HD dealership handling a customer's jewel???

Old 11-08-2011, 07:24 PM
blarg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fleabite
So, again....what was the recall?? Or did I miss it?
there's a recall on the rear brake switch on some touring models 2009-2012. Apparently it can start leaking brake fluid. The theory is (and this isn't HD's theory) that the heat from the new catalytic converter in the headpipe is causing problems. HD has a new brake switch that they swap in.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 PM
Navy UC Rider
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blarg
there's a recall on the rear brake switch on some touring models 2009-2012. Apparently it can start leaking brake fluid. The theory is (and this isn't HD's theory) that the heat from the new catalytic converter in the headpipe is causing problems. HD has a new brake switch that they swap in.
I would be happier iif they just removed that silly cat...

Old 11-08-2011, 07:57 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Id of got apes

Old 11-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Sporty 66
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's the Stealer?

Old 11-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Everybody on here talking about **** happens and as long as they fix this or that ...bla bla bla. All you guys know damn well if it was your bike you would not be saying that. HD prides themselves in being better than the rest and the labor there is not cheap. There should be a drop fee that the dealer pays after the damage is fixed for the owner that experienced high blood pressure and anxiety due to this event. You "tough" non-nonchalant guys can call it what you want but I love my bike and pay good money for it and the only one that should drop it is me not some dealer rushing you out the door. And for the "busy" shop dropping all those bikes I hope they go out of business. "**** happens" man please you guys are a joke with that one.
Actually, your wrong, if they drop my bike, and fix it I'm cool, mine has flaws, the flaws are because I ride it, it don't get waxed every Friday before taking it out of the garage. I don't stop at every station to clean off every bug, it's been dropped, I picked it up, looked it over and went riding. Yeah, I love my bike too, but I ain't F'ing it. You need to chill.

Last edited by Jeff W; 11-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:11 AM
djkolp
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by scootadoc
Not to diminish the seriousness of this situation, but I will say that in a busy shop bikes get dropped.

No, it's NOT ok, just putting out a simple fact based on my own experiences as both a wrench and a service manager for a dealership (that's the guy that gets to explain everything to the customer...what fun).

And I would agree that a thorough inspection is warranted. If she went down hard, you also might want to check for any wierd vibrations, etc.
Yes, accidents do happen. But when the "mechanic" drops your bike, and then doesn't tell you in hopes you won't notice the damage, that's just plain wrong.

DJK

Old 11-09-2011, 05:46 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Sorry about the mishap but unfortunately, sh*t happens. That's what insurance is for. Check your bike carefully and have the dealer replace what's damaged with new parts.

Old 11-09-2011, 05:54 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Everybody on here talking about **** happens and as long as they fix this or that ...bla bla bla. All you guys know damn well if it was your bike you would not be saying that. HD prides themselves in being better than the rest and the labor there is not cheap. There should be a drop fee that the dealer pays after the damage is fixed for the owner that experienced high blood pressure and anxiety due to this event. You "tough" non-nonchalant guys can call it what you want but I love my bike and pay good money for it and the only one that should drop it is me not some dealer rushing you out the door. And for the "busy" shop dropping all those bikes I hope they go out of business. "**** happens" man please you guys are a joke with that one.
When YOU drop your bike and take it to a dealer to fix it, I hope he doesn't rush to do it so that you have time to reflect on your philosophy that people other than you are not allowed to make mistakes.
I'm just sayin'

Old 11-09-2011, 06:43 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,340 Likes on 2,528 Posts

Originally Posted by blarg

actually, more bikes without cats are having switch failures. don't think that you are safe because you removed your cat, your switch can still (and does) fail.....

Quick Reply: f#$%k dealer dropped my bike