Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f#$%k dealer dropped my bike

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
sesto123
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry to hear about the mishap-
as for your ? On the CVO ultra bars, I run them on my 11 RGU. I think they are great. I think they are roughly 1" taller with about 1" more pullback. I am 5'8" and these bars let me sit back enough to where I can use my backrest and still have a comfortable bend in my arms- while they are swapping the bars, have them wire them internally, it cleans up the look.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

A rental bike while your waiting for your bike to be fixed.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everybody on here talking about **** happens and as long as they fix this or that ...bla bla bla. All you guys know damn well if it was your bike you would not be saying that. HD prides themselves in being better than the rest and the labor there is not cheap. There should be a drop fee that the dealer pays after the damage is fixed for the owner that experienced high blood pressure and anxiety due to this event. You "tough" non-nonchalant guys can call it what you want but I love my bike and pay good money for it and the only one that should drop it is me not some dealer rushing you out the door. And for the "busy" shop dropping all those bikes I hope they go out of business. "**** happens" man please you guys are a joke with that one.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:26 PM
tkunk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I test rode the RG CVO in Sturgis this year. I have a RG custom. I loved the CVO bars. I think yo made the right choice.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Drilln'Boss
Club Member

Received 6,444 Likes on 1,890 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Everybody on here talking about **** happens and as long as they fix this or that ...bla bla bla. All you guys know damn well if it was your bike you would not be saying that. HD prides themselves in being better than the rest and the labor there is not cheap. There should be a drop fee that the dealer pays after the damage is fixed for the owner that experienced high blood pressure and anxiety due to this event. You "tough" non-nonchalant guys can call it what you want but I love my bike and pay good money for it and the only one that should drop it is me not some dealer rushing you out the door. And for the "busy" shop dropping all those bikes I hope they go out of business. "**** happens" man please you guys are a joke with that one.
That's absolutely correct. Dropping is one of the main things you don't do to a bike.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:42 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Drilln'Boss
That's absolutely correct. Dropping is one of the main things you don't do to a bike.
I thought riding it was one of the main things most people dont do to a bike..............

Old 11-08-2011, 06:47 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 245 Likes on 194 Posts

Accidents happens without any notice hopefully they will make it right.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:54 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Seems like whenever I drop my bike, there is NOONE around.....and they had five to pick it up!
So they dropped it and are fixing it.....plus your choice of handle bars....(should have asked for a 110 engine also?! LOL)
Great that it is being fixed and modified. Most of us just get what we asked for in the beginning.

chuck

Old 11-08-2011, 07:10 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Makes you wonder if they wouldn't a mentioned it if you weren't there. (Unless the bars were major bent...)

Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So, again....what was the recall?? Or did I miss it?

Quick Reply: f#$%k dealer dropped my bike