Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bad dealors vs good dealships

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Kagan
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: bad dealers vs good dealerships

swestbrook60, MPG is a relative concern. You care, I don't. And I don't mean that rudely, I mean that I have a 2005 FLHRI with 98" jugs, oversize throttle body, S&S cams, etc....

All I'm saying is that at the dealership level, MPG's are so relative that there is NO way to warranty or not. Do you really want to pay a technician $60/hr to ride your bike for 500 miles to back up your concern? I rode 500 miles on my bike and a friend who was with me was annoyed that his FXDL never showed the fuel light once for all the stops I had to make. I appreciated the chance to have a smoke.

Thanks for replying. "Beat down the dealer" threads are very popular. I work for one and I put myself out here to listen. Thanks.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM
texaspirate
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, typical thread going south! Bottom line is the forum is good to let someone express their experiences with dealers, service etc. Be it good or bad, it at least brings some attention to the experiences some riders have had over time. I have had my good experiences with HD dealers and service departments and bad ones too! Same dealer just different time! Comes down to finding aservice manager, mechanic you trust and hopefully can stick with them. Or unless it is a major issue, buy a service manual and do it yourself. In most cases you will be glad you did and learn more about your ride and you WILL NOT overlook anything!

Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
btefft
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I reckon you have to experience the dealer yourself. Chattachoochee (The Hooch), hear in Columbus, has always done good by me. Her sister dealership, Big Swamp, in Opelika, Ala has never done any work for me, so I can't speak about them. I would imagine there are those with differiing opinions than mine about the Hooch. I recently had a front tire replaced, while i waited, and a few days later got a call from Harley asking me about my experience w/ the Hooch. I was totally pleased with them and told the rep that.

Hack