Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leatherup.com really ripped me yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 02:16 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

When all else fails, read the instructions...return instructions that is! I have purchased a lot of items from Leatherup, never had an issue with them. They are a stand up company as far as I can tell.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:25 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's unfortunate. I try like hell to avoid buying clothing online. Just never know. The little leather I do own, I am fortunate enough to have a leather store in my hometown. They have good prices and I know the stuff fits. I also look for blemishes and texture in the leather before buying.

I hope your future chaps are problem free.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

When I bought my chaps, I went to a local biker leather shop. The gal took my measurements and explained that leather chaps should fit snugly around the thighs because they will stretch. Mine did, and I have been wearing them for 3 years. I recently lost a lot of weight, so now I get to go buy another pair.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:33 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

That would chap my azz.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:34 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bought boots from them more than once -- Those Xellements aren't bad. Seen a few jackets and "eh" --- Got chaps from http://www.jafrum.com and pretty happy...

Old 11-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjpish
Alright I'm sure that some will post "serves you right for buying chaps..." but

I ordered a pair of chaps size 36 from leatherup.com, received them and they were tight in the thighs. I unsnapped the insulated liners out and they still were tight so I boxed them up and sent them back in exchange for a size 38. It cost me $20 to send them back so I would get them back to CA in the alotted timeframe.

So I get an email yesterday saying they do not have a size 38 and they are crediting my paypal account $71.45. I paid $89.95 for them. I sent them an email and they responded saying that they did not receive them in the same condition they were sent because I did not snap the liners back in so they charged me a re-stocking fee. What a load of crap. So It cost me $38.50 to be shopping for chaps again..............

Ok now I feel better that I got that off my chest.
Just keep spreading the word, just like this. Hit a few more websites and do the same. Tell them you need the rest of your money back and you will quit letting so many people know how they do business. Just forward these posts to the owner every once in a while. They have already lost more buisness just by you posting this.
Sorry to here you are being treated like this. I will take your advice and never shop there.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I ordered a rain suit from them. The package only had the jacket, no pants. I thought Id be screwed. Called them up, said they would send another set out, go ahead and keep the jacket. So now I got 2 jackets and 1 pants.

Old 11-05-2011, 04:16 PM
last12know
Road Master

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

don't know the other side of this. on the other hand if i'd read this first i wouldn't have gotten my chaps there.

before i bought mine i read the product reviews and took the advice to heart and ordered them accordingly...they work perfectly for what i wanted.. they keep me warm when riding under 45 degrees...

Last edited by last12know; 11-05-2011 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:01 PM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
Nothing wrong with chaps, man - pretty comfy in colder weather.
There's some things you just can't buy without trying them on first. Jackets, vests and helmets are just a few. Sorry you had to learn it the hard way, but I'll bet it's left an unforgettable impression.
I exchanged a pair of gloves from them without any shipping charges..... Granted the order was a couple hundred bucks but what gives?

Old 11-05-2011, 05:36 PM
T_om
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
I will take your advice and never shop there.

Do you usually get a hair fire from one post presenting one side of a problem with a dealer with a pretty good reputation?

I am sure they are crushed at losing all the business you have been throwing their way. Right?

Tom

Quick Reply: leatherup.com really ripped me yesterday...