Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schaffer(not the beer)V Twin Synthetic

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:08 PM
firefightermike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Schaffer(not the beer)V Twin Synthetic

Had a Indy tell me about Schaffer VTwin Synthetic. According to him, it test out better than others. I know your thinking not another oil thread. Just interested if anyone has any experience with it?

Old 11-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

My brother ran it in his 18-wheeler & swears it's quality stuff...didn't see anything specific to air-cooled motor, or v-twin. I know there's a huge # of riders who run straight auto oil in their scoot w/no problems...my preference is air-cooled.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Sloverado
Intermediate

I didnt know they made it for V Twins but I have been using it for 6 years in diesel trucks and it is the best I have ran. My lab test always are in the great and im running there 9000 series in a 1000 hp diesel truck.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would try it. Im running 15W40 diesel dino now and it works pretty good.

Old 11-04-2011, 02:46 PM
harleycat225
Cruiser

Looks pretty interesting.............break down at bottom of page

http://stores.buy1oils.com/-strse-25...eme/Detail.bok

Old 11-04-2011, 05:17 PM
omgtkk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For Sloverado, who makes a living with his vehicle and probably hopes to get a million miles out of his engine, it might make sense to go out of yor way to find and run a hard-to-find, specialty oil. For most riders on this forum that will never see their bike click over 30K miles...what's the point? Mobil 1 or Amsoil not good enough? If you want to run this stuff for the feel good factor, then it's worth it to you. But from a purely practical perspective, why bother?

Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Sloverado
Intermediate

I guess Im the type that keeps things on hand and like the added protection when oil temps get high I guess. Its to each there own not saying its the best and so on but there diesel oil is cheaper than most other Syn oils in diesel apps. I used to be sponsored by Amsoil and have used there stuff too but its the same case as Schaffers I had to call to get some and have it shipped in. I live in a small remote place so I keep things in stock. I havent tried there oil for a V Twin that was the first I have heard of it so I will try it in the spring after I break new motor in.

Also I dont make a living with the diesel trucks its a hobby. I sled pull and due alot of dyno events. I am just a Maintenance Corrdinator and have to keep things in good working order. We mainly run Mobil products where I work. They give us the best bang for buck. Its all about the cost savings.

Last edited by Sloverado; 11-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:40 PM
hatchetman
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did an oil change with that oil in my old chev pick up around 5 years ago. The first day I didnt notice anything. The second day I seemed to have more power & than I noticed my engine temp was around 20 degrees cooler & my oil pressure was a bit higher. The ol truck ran noticeably better & my fuel mileage was up a bit as well.
I've been putting it in my new truck & the ol' iron bitch sinse that time. It is a very good product!
hatch.

Old 11-05-2011, 03:28 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by omgtkk
For Sloverado, who makes a living with his vehicle and probably hopes to get a million miles out of his engine, it might make sense to go out of yor way to find and run a hard-to-find, specialty oil. For most riders on this forum that will never see their bike click over 30K miles...what's the point? Mobil 1 or Amsoil not good enough? If you want to run this stuff for the feel good factor, then it's worth it to you. But from a purely practical perspective, why bother?
Several part stores in my area are dealers for it. Nobody is a dealer for Redline or Amsoil.....how's that for a reason?????

Old 11-05-2011, 05:04 AM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,777 Likes on 3,153 Posts

"Racing" oils typically don't have the engine cleaners that other oils have because they are used for short term events, like racing.

You may get more power, (though miniscule,) but you're not getting the protection of a longer range oil.

They're not bragging when they list their oil as "Racing" oil, they're advising you of it's purpose.

Quick Reply: Schaffer(not the beer)V Twin Synthetic