Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Schaffer(not the beer)V Twin Synthetic

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Company I work for made a switch to Shaffers in everything a few years ago. Promised extended drain entervals, better mileage, longer life,etc. First oil change after the switch on a V6 Dakota, I had to poke the oil out of the oilpan with a coat hanger. Lost several engines company wide before they got rid of the stuff. I would not put it in anything, even the ex-wife's car. YMMV

Old 03-05-2012, 04:42 PM
blockzilla
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

had the Shaeffers 7000 20w50 syn in my last 2 HD's and its now in the brand new one at the 1000 mile service... wont run anything else...when I pulled the jugs off the old 06 streetglide at 24 k miles , there wasnt even a scuff on the cylinders.. good enough for me ....

Old 03-05-2012, 06:07 PM
shootist
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run Schaffer Oil in my Chevy truck, My Jeep wrangler, 07 Harley SG, and in my 12 Harley SG.
Run the 7000 20-50 for Motorcycles in the Harleys.
The Schaffer factory rep came and did some friction tests with any oil we brought at my cousins shop. It beat Ams, Mobil 1, Syn3, Castro, Royal Purpal, just no comparison. Schaffer has a realy good friction additive package in it. The bike is quieter cooler. They make oil for primary and for the trans too. Just to be fair the one that was close trans to trans oil was Redline Heavy shock-proof, but none in oil. There's probably around 100 bikes on it out here use it local. You might can see the test on my cousins web or you-tube (Wolford v-twin) cool shop and Dyno. What were doing.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:36 AM
PghCycle24
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by firefightermike
Actually dude, I believe in putting the best product in all my vehicles so that's why I bother. I was'nt asking for your remarks concerning that. I merely was asking if anyone had any experience with Schaeffer oil. Incidently, I can buy it at my local Indy for 2 dollars less than he sells Amsoil which I presently have in my bike as well as my previous one. I don't know or care how may miles you or anyone else puts on their bike. I ride mine everyday!
I appreciate the thread, and think that it needs to be re-visited from time to time with new products that come on the mmarket, not to mention new members to the Forum who may not be familiar with this topic or looking to lern (like myself).

I've been running Amsoil in all 3 holes on my '04 Ultra, but have been unhappy with the shift quality on my trans after 7000 miles. After reading a lot of posts on the Forum I've decided to switch to Redline shockproof, and probably will go with their V-twin package for all three applications. I went to their web site and reviewed the technical data, PM'd some members who knew their stuff and decided this was the best option for me. I'm not pushing my choice here, just saying HDForum is a great resource. Thanks for the thread.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM
firefightermike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PghCycle24
I appreciate the thread, and think that it needs to be re-visited from time to time with new products that come on the mmarket, not to mention new members to the Forum who may not be familiar with this topic or looking to lern (like myself).

I've been running Amsoil in all 3 holes on my '04 Ultra, but have been unhappy with the shift quality on my trans after 7000 miles. After reading a lot of posts on the Forum I've decided to switch to Redline shockproof, and probably will go with their V-twin package for all three applications. I went to their web site and reviewed the technical data, PM'd some members who knew their stuff and decided this was the best option for me. I'm not pushing my choice here, just saying HDForum is a great resource. Thanks for the thread.
Thanks Pgh, I am switching out the Amsoil for the Redline V-Twin package in all 3 holes tomorrow. I'm going to wait on the Schaffer until next change. I've read and heard nothing but good reviews on Redline products.

Old 03-09-2012, 05:13 AM
Challenger
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

When I was still home on the farm we ran it in everything. From Pick up trucks to tractors, combine and semi's. 12 diesel engines and the ole man swore by the stuff!