Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Road King at the Racetrack. Love these pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 PM
nskitts
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can ride man! It's great to see someone dispel the myths about Harleys! I push my Road Glide hard but would love to learn from you....videos please!

Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing your pics and story with us. That looked like it would of been an awesum day for you

Old 11-04-2011, 08:20 PM
dontdropit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Very Cool!!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:50 PM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Thanks Man!!! Im sending this thread off to a few friends...
Ride ON!!..............o~`o...................

Old 11-04-2011, 09:30 PM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
You think you need bigger injectors? I put 5.6gph in so I could max out around 150 and still be at about 85% on injectors. Sounds like the Twinsacan2 and the SERT give out plenty of info. Way more than what I'm working with.
So in the straights how did ya keep up with the crotch rockets? Their speeds in and out of the corners is any reason why you wouldn't keep up. I spanked a 600 Kaw a few weeks ago. don't think the kid thought the old geezer bike had it in it. when I shut it off at 120 the kid was just redlining his bike to trying and keep up.
How long was the straight away between turns 12 and turn 1? that's were you hit the nearly 130 right?

And I think I got 2 of those tickets this summer along with a no parking zone. 2 of which weer by the same PO
The king was able to pass 600s on the main straight if I gassed it early enough. A lot depends on the other rider, if you caught them out in too higher gear then you could just eat them up, it takes ages for those 4 bangers to get on the cam.

From the point on turn 12 where I gas it to my braking mark on the start-finish line is about 550m or 1800 ft - have a look at the map:

http://g.co/maps/vc7a6

As you can see the start finish line is a long way from turn 1, once I get bigger cahoneys I will brake later.

I have the 5.6 injectors now. You can tell the ECM that it has the smaller injectors and it will open the big ones for longer. This screws your whole map and you have to start again tho. I think I am real close to the right tune now.

Last edited by kingkingking; 11-04-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:59 PM
don g
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That's awesome. I've always wanted to spend some time on a track to safely push my limits. Thanks for sharing.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:17 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff...you are my new hero!

Old 11-04-2011, 10:59 PM
garyFLHPI
Cruiser

Dude, that's awsome. You are my insparation!

Old 11-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What a blast that must of been !

Old 11-05-2011, 12:10 AM
H8crashin
Advanced

Originally Posted by kingkingking
You must tape or remove your mirrors. Next time out I will just remove them.

Novice riders like me need to focus on the track ahead, not who is behind them. By the time you take your eyes off the track and check your mirrors and look back you can miss a braking point or turn in point and get yourself into trouble.

It is the responsibility of the rider overtaking to remain 7 feet from the other bike and pass safely.

Its a good system - you know that they guy you are trying to pass has no idea where you are and it is up to you to watch the line he is riding and make the pass. If you cant do it then you dont, he aint gonna let you around.

Another tip - Its really important to not watch the bike you are following, its a great way to crash. If you watch the bike you are following you are going to enter the corner at his turn in speed and not yours. Watch the track and look thru his bike, dont focus on it.
Just a couple of questions-

I know about the tru-track and other products. But have you considered a steering stabilizer? For the high speed wobble.

Were you shifting your weight more off the seat?

Quick Reply: My Road King at the Racetrack. Love these pics.