Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Road King at the Racetrack. Love these pics.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 07:00 PM
StreetKing
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that is really -"BAD ***!" Very cool.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:12 PM
07standard
Advanced

I came from a 600RR that I rode track on to my E-Glide thinking track was out of the question... but this shows me that I was totally wrong... thats sick man..

Old 12-06-2011, 03:51 AM
kingkingking
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by El Rey
Awesome thread, please, please, please get some video from a helmet cam.

Best thread of the year.
Track rules are that no on board cameras are allowed.

They cause too many crashes apparently.

Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 AM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Can't wait to see your next post. Great analysis. You should be a professional writer. Your analysis of the bike, equipment, and your performance is very well written. Thanks for taking the time to share this. Very motivating!

Old 12-06-2011, 06:58 AM
Guss-SA
Novice

so impressive, thanks for sharing

Old 12-10-2011, 08:52 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer

cool pics

Old 01-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Ken Baer
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easter Creek is an awesome track, and so is Sears Point (Infineon). I road raced bikes at Sears for nine years and then cars for two more years and can truly say that when it comes to cutting fast laps times -- at the amateur level -- it's the rider way more than the bike. I routinely race my 2010 RK down Skyline Boulevard in Nor Cal chasing the sport bikers who are absolutely AMAZED that an 800lb pig-iron Harley can fill their mirrors and sometimes pass. I'm sure you can relate. I also concur with your statements about "the wobble". It is indeed real and the faster you go the more vivid it becomes, esp. under the cornering conditions you've described. Please continue to post your mods as I will follow your lead. Thanks.

Old 01-11-2012, 02:44 AM
artz
Road Master

Wow ! Good write up and pics ! Thanx fer sharing !

Old 01-11-2012, 05:36 AM
dohadex
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Inspired...

Thank you for the great write up, mate! You made it all sound so simple to take a Road King to the track and run the **** out of it and hope not to smash. Don't think I could do it...nor do I really want to, but it is inspiring non the less.

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy hearing from our brothers from Down Under. Australia rocks!

Cheers from Florida USA

Dex

Last edited by dohadex; 01-11-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:02 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW!! That is cool!! I have to tell you, i have thought multiple times about taking my RK to the track for a "track day" but have never even said it out loud, thinking the idea must be too ridiculous... You have proven me wrong in GRAND FASHION! I love the pic showing zero lean angle remaining, though they're all fantastic. I will be anxiously awaiting a report on the results of the wobble cure. I too have experienced it, usually in a highway off ramp, at relatively high speeds and high lean angles. The description of the hinge in the middle of the bike is a good one, and it's pretty F-ing scary. i'm also going to have a closer look at your suspension mods.

I considered finding a way to increase ride height and therefore ground clearance/lean angle, maybe by installing 1" longer tubes in the front end. I was strongly discouraged from doing that; i was told it would ruin the handling. Having had an Ironhead chopper in the past I do know what long extensions with small diameter tubes can do to a bike's handling, but didn't think one measley inch would hurt anything...

We have a motorsports park in NJ that isn't too far away from me. I may just have to take my RK for a track day this spring or sumer...

Quick Reply: My Road King at the Racetrack. Love these pics.