Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

chrome fork exchange

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 10:14 AM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by rkjenkins
Does anyone know if these exchange programs need new bushings and things put in before they are installed. I've been kicking this idea around for a while and just been wondering g if they need a rebuild before installed.
Usually when someone does the Chrome - they rebuild the forks at the same time..

in the future,, might be better if you just start a new question / post instead of bring back a 4+ year old post

Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 PM
Sport Chrome
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Guys, we are a forum sponsor and we offer chrome fork exchange. Here is a link to our touring legs

http://shop.sportchrome.com/products...-front-end-kit

Old 01-26-2016, 07:01 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

I wouldnt bother with an exchange program, the result is you have your same ugly forks, but chromed.

I'd go with Ness Hot legs. No hideous axle bolt. Get yourself some monotubes while you're at it, you wont regret it.

Last edited by Keithhu; 01-26-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 07:06 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went with ***** Shiny for my chrome forks and was very pleased. I would recommend them to anyone. Pretty reasonable prices too.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:57 AM
easybiker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick9662 Ricks Plating

Originally Posted by havaglide
Anybody know of a plating shop or bike shop that does chrome fork exchange,i know i have heard of this just don't know where.
Rick9662 Ricks Plating
Just in case you are considering Ricks Plating here is what I posted awhile back. Proceed with caution.

Just wanted to let everyone know my experience with Ricks Plating Garden Grove, CA. www.rick9662@yahoo.com I did a wheel exchange with him for chrome wheels. This spring I saw the chrome on the rear wheel was blistering. I send Rick Pic's and asked him to warranty the wheel since he says his warranty is good for 2 years and I have not had the wheels that long.

He wrote me back with a bunch of BS about wheel care and if I wanted to ship it to him at my expense he would look at it and determin if he could warranty it. I asked he send me another already chromed wheel and debit my credit card until he recieved my wheel. He said he would not do that. I guess he expects me to set my bike on blocks while the wheel is off.?

I found a loaner wheel last week so I sent Rick an E-mail and asked if he would still warranty the wheel. No reply after a week and a second E-mail so I called him. He said if I payed all shiping (both ways I'm in Ohio) he would most likely re-chrome it, but said he needed my original purchase info. I told him when I purchased the wheels and he should have it in his records and he told me he did not have time to look it up. What a bunch of BS

Rick sells on Ebay, but uses his personal Yahoo E-mail account for his business so he does not get bad reviews on E-bay in my opinion. I did a search looking for reviews and found plenty. Sounds like rip off after rip off. Here is just one of the links with reviews http://ricks-plating.pissedconsumer.com/ and there are more if you dig deep enough.

I will take the blame since I did not check Rick out indepth prior to my purchase. My reason for writing this is to warn everyone to be sure you know what you are getting before you buy. Know exactly how the warranty works. Get it in writing.
Be carefull guys. There are other Ricks out there ready to take your hard earned money.

One other thing. If any one here who has used Rick and wants to defend him feel free since I have big sholders. If any one wants to see Ricks work the wheel will be in my front yard with flowers planted in it. That is about all it is good for.

Old 01-27-2016, 09:12 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport Chrome
Hi Guys, we are a forum sponsor and we offer chrome fork exchange. Here is a link to our touring legs

http://shop.sportchrome.com/products...-front-end-kit
Have you guys considered doing a brake caliper exchange program? I'd like to swap out my stock black ones on the front end for chrome without breaking the piggy bank...

Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
I wouldnt bother with an exchange program, the result is you have your same ugly forks, but chromed.

I'd go with Ness Hot legs. No hideous axle bolt. Get yourself some monotubes while you're at it, you wont regret it.
Only problem is the $669 Arlen Ness price as compared to only $195 exchange price - then I spent $149 for a Yaxel from Bagger nation to clean it up ...

Old 01-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,599 Likes on 2,722 Posts

Yes, and then your bike looks awesome(er). And you can get the Ness legs for cheaper, check directcyclparts.com, Amazon, etc.

Originally Posted by JMC22
Only problem is the $669 Arlen Ness price as compared to only $195 exchange price - then I spent $149 for a Yaxel from Bagger nation to clean it up ...

Old 01-27-2016, 04:33 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Make sure you upgrade your front suspension while your front end is apart. Huge improvement in how your bike rides and handles. Greatly reduced front end dive.

Function is more important than style IMHO

Old 01-27-2016, 10:01 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 496 Likes on 259 Posts

I did the Ricks Plating route, and have been pleased with the results. Went with Black cowbells instead of chrome to get the CVOish' look on the front end

Quick Reply: chrome fork exchange