Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharing a awesome deal for No More Fried Thighs heat shields

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:42 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
Sent RJ a message asking about the Jeweled Shields. They are also included in the sale.
So, now will have to upgrade that order. RJ, you will be getting a cashier check in the mail from me. Thanks from
a all Navy family( me, wife and son)

Joe
Joe here's another customer that went with the pearl white studding.

RJ

Old 11-04-2011, 12:12 PM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

These are the best looking deflectors I've seen. I think a set of plain black will look good on my denim black FLHT. Certainly will keep these in mind next week...

Old 11-04-2011, 12:28 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

I had them installed on my '10 RK. They worked. After trading RK in on my new CVO I decided to sell my RJS shields to a riding buddy for $100 since I already had the stock HD ones on my new bike. I've been regreting doing that sale. I paid $161 with shipping for those black studded ones. Now I get another chance at the best for less and come out ahead $5. I'll be ordering a set next week, have operators standing by!

Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cptdenny
I had them installed on my '10 RK. They worked. After trading RK in on my new CVO I decided to sell my RJS shields to a riding buddy for $100 since I already had the stock HD ones on my new bike. I've been regreting doing that sale. I paid $161 with shipping for those black studded ones. Now I get another chance at the best for less and come out ahead $5. I'll be ordering a set next week, have operators standing by!
We will be ready for you Cptdenny. As for the stock ones that came on your bike. There was a comparison of HD's mid-frame air deflectors and our V-Twin Heat Deflectors in the Tri-Glide section of this forum for rider's heat - ABC's of removing riders heat The test was performed on a Trike and since it has a body and a tour pack. The heat gets kicked forward, (back draft). This adds to the heat that is constantly being generated by the engine. Bottom line is the trike rider will feel more heat than a two wheel rider. In the link I provided above I pulled the following: Conclusion, the RJ Originals reduced rider heat and the temperature under the open frame and seat by using the available wind more efficiently and whisking away the rear cylinder and exhaust heat from the rider.

Ours are more efficient than the HD mid-frame air deflectors which will have to be removed in order to install ours in their place.

RJ

Old 11-05-2011, 12:48 AM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Yukon42
I am curious. Do the guys that install these have there motors going into heat management mode before they install them?? Is the motor reaching that kind of temp before you decide to install them?? Thanks for the info.
Nope. I put them on my '08 because of Roasted Thigh Syndrome. No heat problem except that someone decided to put an exhaust pipe right there.

Old 11-05-2011, 09:55 AM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

After riding my 05 since 07, I have decided my thighs are just about done. I will be ordering a set come the 11th. I appreciate the pics, I think the white studs will look really good on my Ultra.

Joe

Old 11-10-2011, 09:00 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor

Just a reminder that our Veteran's Day week long sale starts tomorrow. We will be accepting orders through the weekend. Yes that includes Sunday as well.

RJ

Old 11-10-2011, 04:31 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Thanks R J , my order will be called in tomorrow, really looking forward to enjoying your product on warm Alabama days. And - Bless you and the Veterans that make this product possible and thanks to all of you for your service to our Country. In Alabama, Veterans Day is a special day, as we remember those who serve, and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. Freedom is not free, thank you, and God bless the USA !!!

Old 11-11-2011, 06:43 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Ordered my shields this morning, RJ and da Boss Lady both very nice, lookin' forward to getting them. On a wild hair, I decided to try jeweled to match my Root Beer Bike. Hey guys, let's support our Vets today, either one of our sponsors here or someone you know to show thanks. Show 'em we are grateful!!!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:34 AM
zoood
Former Sponsor
Default Our Veteran's Day week long sale continues

Our sale ends at 5:00pm the 17th. Don't let it pass you by for a great discount on our V-Twin Heat Deflectors.

Quick Reply: Sharing a awesome deal for No More Fried Thighs heat shields