Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Box and Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
MBrown
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

1/4 ton truck=500lbs.

FLHX =800+ lbs

Not good even if it was all in the bed.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:18 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
Get a real truck!

Where is the "real" truck? All I see is a Dodge

Old 11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
UH60Hwkdrvr
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

The original question was if anybody had ever put their FLHxxx in the back of an 04 or newer Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with short box...

Three pages of CRAP...and only two, maybe three posts that contained any useful information...and only ONE who actually said they owned a Tacoma and a Harley...

I currently own a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Laramie trim package...I am moving to SOUTH KOREA in January and it is just not practical to drive a full sized truck in such a small country...no place to park, roads are narrow, etc...so I plan on purchasing something more practical to drive while I am there...

I cannot own a trailer, as there is no place to store it...

So I was looking for some folks who ACTUALLY OWNED A TACOMA and had some REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE putting their FLHxxx in the back. Instead what I got was a bunch of clowns posting their thoughts on what I should or shouldn't do, what kind of truck to get, or trailer to own or some other crap info that only served to pad the poseurs...I mean posters post count....

To the two or three who had some useful info...Thanks!

Everybody else...re-read the original question...

m.a.c.

The following 3 users liked this post by UH60Hwkdrvr:
00 fxd (02-06-2023), GOGOBECK (02-05-2023), rhuff (09-15-2019)
Old 11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
saguache1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask a dumb question get a dumb answer, it will not work the box and tailgate are two small we have a Tacoma at work and when I park my Street Glide next to it there is no way it would fit you would have to add 12" of 3/4" diamond plate to even think about it. Just saying.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:22 PM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No offense dude but I would rather push my Harley around then for it to ride in the back of a toyota.......but you could be on a great sales gimmick to sell Toyota's

Old 11-02-2011, 09:38 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Since most of the posts are off topic, I'll join in. The Toyota Tacoma is built in Texas I believe. Not sure what qualifies as "made in the USA"- maybe our HD's that are built in the USA with Chinese parts?

The following 2 users liked this post by North Star:
acchd (02-10-2023), talkingrock (02-05-2023)
Old 11-02-2011, 09:51 PM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

You don't have to own a trailer... Rent one (Uhaul?) when you need to and pull it with the Tacoma. The tailgate on the Tacoma will give to that amount of weight.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/

Old 11-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by UH60Hwkdrvr
The original question was if anybody had ever put their FLHxxx in the back of an 04 or newer Toyota Tacoma Double Cab with short box...

Three pages of CRAP...and only two, maybe three posts that contained any useful information...and only ONE who actually said they owned a Tacoma and a Harley...

I currently own a 2004 Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the Laramie trim package...I am moving to SOUTH KOREA in January and it is just not practical to drive a full sized truck in such a small country...no place to park, roads are narrow, etc...so I plan on purchasing something more practical to drive while I am there...

I cannot own a trailer, as there is no place to store it...

So I was looking for some folks who ACTUALLY OWNED A TACOMA and had some REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE putting their FLHxxx in the back. Instead what I got was a bunch of clowns posting their thoughts on what I should or shouldn't do, what kind of truck to get, or trailer to own or some other crap info that only served to pad the poseurs...I mean posters post count....

To the two or three who had some useful info...Thanks!

Everybody else...re-read the original question...

m.a.c.
Ever think that you did get a response, and that it wasn't the one you wanted? Go ahead, load your 800+lb bike in that 1/4 ton pick up. Post pictures so the next fool that asks can see your experiences.

And, fwiw, I have had a 07 DCSB Tacoma, an 08 DCSB Tundra, and now an 11 Harley F-150. I wouldn't put a heavy bike like my FLHXSE, in the back of any of them.

Do what you want though...seems to me you're going to anyway.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 583 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by 131tman
Get a real truck!
That wing must be for all the people to push on when the Dodge breaks down. Like a grocery cart handle.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:43 AM
vzts4q
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wouldn't try it myself not even in my full size Chevy.
And what sort of a ramp did you plan to use or do you have the use of a loading dock?

Anyway here is the best I could find.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...short-bed.html

Last edited by vzts4q; 11-03-2011 at 12:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Box and Street Glide