Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does anyone have a stock bike anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 05:24 AM
hyperfocal
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2009 EGC is bone stock.

I may put a stage one on in the near future.

Hyper

Old 11-02-2011, 05:26 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't think too many people have a "bone stock" bike, that would mean same seat, no extra chrome, same windshield, same grips and pegs, etc. That would bore me personally, I don't believe I have ever kept any vehicle I had stock.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:16 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

my 08 streetglide is totally showroom stock. except for the following, stage IV 103 kit, manual compression releases, bad *** light for the taillight, with chrome cover of course, removed the grandpa heel shifter lever, vance & hines 2 into 1 pro pipe, chrome front forks and 9 spoke chrome wheel, hella E-code headlamp, red rear turnsignals with run/brake module, 10" long ride shield, 09 roadglide shocks, se heavy oil in the front forks, se compensator, nostalgia rubber and chrome handlebar grips, hogtunes tweeter pod, removed the goofy chromed plastic "harley davidson" emblems from the tank, chrome pushbutton fuel door button, cruise control, 5/8" deeper zippers air cleaner element, round nostalgia chrome air cleaner cover, an 09 roadglide seat, and just about every piece of chrome you can add to the motor. other than that, mine is totally stock like the day i bought it in 08.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 AM
nkfd13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
my 08 streetglide is totally showroom stock. except for the following, stage IV 103 kit, manual compression releases, bad *** light for the taillight, with chrome cover of course, removed the grandpa heel shifter lever, vance & hines 2 into 1 pro pipe, chrome front forks and 9 spoke chrome wheel, hella E-code headlamp, red rear turnsignals with run/brake module, 10" long ride shield, 09 roadglide shocks, se heavy oil in the front forks, se compensator, nostalgia rubber and chrome handlebar grips, hogtunes tweeter pod, removed the goofy chromed plastic "harley davidson" emblems from the tank, chrome pushbutton fuel door button, cruise control, 5/8" deeper zippers air cleaner element, round nostalgia chrome air cleaner cover, an 09 roadglide seat, and just about every piece of chrome you can add to the motor. other than that, mine is totally stock like the day i bought it in 08.
uhhhh totally stock??

Old 11-02-2011, 07:04 AM
les63
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes like it came off the showroom floor

Last edited by les63; 11-02-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Warrior Redleg
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you will get 10X more YES answers in the Touring section than you would have in any other section.

Most of these guys buy the touring bikes to do just that, tour. Thats how they were set up, so they leave them that way.

Me personally, my R.G. is going to see minimum changes. Windshield, exhaust, seat, highway pegs, HG floorboard extensions, and probably not much more....

However my Dyna i saw as a blank canvas....For me to make it whatever i wanted. THOSE bikes are meant to customize. Touring bikes are more meant for the long haul and come that way.. There are exceptions. And that isnt a bad thing.....

Old 11-02-2011, 07:18 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Was thinking along lines of this post just this weekend. Thought about a poll on it - you know 1. stock, 2 partial stage 1, 3. stage 1, 4. Stage 2, etc.
My 06 UG could be stock in a heartbeat - just the air filter and the programmer. Really was OK with it stock, but wanted to make it run better (cooler), not faster.
Well my 82 FLT - taking it back to stock would be more challenging.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mine is totally stock minus the seat (Mustang). This winter that will change when Fuelmoto provides all the goodies - headers, slipons, a/c and tuner.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:42 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is bone stock as can be.....
BUT....I bought a Street Glide towards the end of October in Chicago, where it usually snows by Thanksgiving. It has been in the 30s and 40s here, so I only have about 100 miles on her and I don't see much more saddle time in the future....the weekend is supposed in the 60s, then a drop off after that.

I'm gonna ride it as much as I can in the early spring so I can put new exhaust and a tune on it. Then I want the Agitator wheels.....then......who knows.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 AM
harleymike77
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope. I have never kept any of my Harleys stock. As mentioned, comfort and performance mods seem to be a priority with some of us. But hey, to each there own. Just enjoy!

Quick Reply: does anyone have a stock bike anymore?