Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Ultra Limited wheels

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 07:41 AM
Allen Dye
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by primdl
Just wondering if any out there have experienced the chrome flaking off the stock wheels? Just noticed it, going to dealer tomorrow...and no, I didn't use ANYTHING on the wheels that wasn't good for them. Thanks in advance!
The chrome on my 2010 Limited is also peeling, both front and back, especially the back. I've probably cleaned more on this bike than any vechicle I've ever owned. Was told by the Harley dealer that Harley wouldn't do anything about it. Not surprising.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:26 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts

I tell you what, if Harley told me the weren't going to replace chrome flaking on my wheels on a $25k bike it would be the last HD I would ever own.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Allen Dye
Cruiser

None of the dealers around here want to touch your bike unless you are paying to have something done. Two weeks ago coming back from the Florida Keys in the rain my head light filled up with water which caused the halagen bulb to shatter into a bunch of little pieces. This happened in Georgia. The glass pieces sloshing around in water destroyed the chrome on the reflector by the time I got back to Virginia. I stopped on the way through and showed that to the dealer, it still had three inchs of water in it. End result, Harley won't replace that either. Harleys don't have a warrenty, so this will be the last new Harley I will ever own. If I decide I want another, it will be a used one. Maybe I can save enough buying used to cover the repaires Harley won't cover under warrenty.

Old 11-02-2011, 10:18 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Either my dealer's awesome or everyone else's suck. I posed the question about flaking chrome here last spring, Dawg answered that it was a warrantable item and shouldn't be a problem. Rode it to the dealer, showed the service writer the problem, the first thing out of his mouth was, "no problem, it's covered".

Old 11-02-2011, 12:08 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
Either my dealer's awesome or everyone else's suck. I posed the question about flaking chrome here last spring, Dawg answered that it was a warrantable item and shouldn't be a problem. Rode it to the dealer, showed the service writer the problem, the first thing out of his mouth was, "no problem, it's covered".
Yep. I repeat that one of my buddies had the rear wheel of his 2010 Ultra Limited replaced under warranty last week. His front wheel is fine. He was also told that only 1 chrome item would be replaced by HD under warranty so that's why they replaced his rear wheel. I don't know if the limit of 1 item is real or not but that's what he's been told.

If it happened to me on a $25K bike and if HD refused to cover it, this would be my last new HD too. Flaking is not caused by improper care or contamination, it's a manufacturing defect. There's a big difference between pitting and flaking.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 11-02-2011 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:00 PM
LimitedLou
Tourer

My front wheel is flakeing and Harley won't fix.. I sent pictures to Customer Service, and forwarded to Technical Service. They refused saying corrosion/care issues.. I understand if you have a Good servics writer they can get it done with no problem.. 05Train, you have a good one.. I'll never support Harley as before, never buy a New Harley either.. I love my Limited and gonna keep it, Anything I can find after market I'm comfortable with I'll buy over harley stuff.. Also the customer service told me at first If the wheel is defective that they would take care of.. If it's Not defective I don't know what to call it.. Good Luck with your dealings with dealer..

Old 11-02-2011, 06:06 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by '05Train
This'll have to hold you....

Is that Mater in the background?

Old 11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With the Chrome flaking off of the limited wheels is it just a matter of time before the contrast chrome agitators start?

Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by equandt
Is that Mater in the background?
It is. Picture was taken last June in the parking lot of 4 Women on the Route in Galena, KS.

Originally Posted by springer 03
With the Chrome flaking off of the limited wheels is it just a matter of time before the contrast chrome agitators start?
Probably. If/when they do, I'll take it back to the dealer and see if they'll cover it. If not, I'll either live with it or replace it.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:49 PM
mr2fast4u
Advanced

Harley Davidson, yeah we all know that you monitor these boards. You had better listen up!

If your product fails or has an issue you had better stand behind it. We pay a lot of hard earned money for your product. We keep you profitable period!

You had better listen up!

Quick Reply: 2010 Ultra Limited wheels