Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY easily add HP/Tq with a Stage 1 air cleaner Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 03:47 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by BCW567
Hyperfocal,

Always hoped Jamie or Harley man would have answered your question. I would like to know the answer myself.
You can generally replace the air cleaner or mufflers and get by without retuning, however if you replace the air cleaner and mufflers I would highly recommend retuning for best results.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
jackloganbill
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want this Pro Billet air cleaner! However, a bit concerned about the MPG loss. We already lost approx 10MPG adding the sidecar. Can anyone speak to these claims that a Stage 1 air cleaner such as the Fuel Moto can cost 3-5 MPG?

Also, perhaps I missed it, but the thread began with an explanation of why the HD air cleaner whacks HP, it is one inch wide and breathes through a couple small openings. How does adding the Fuel Moto aircleaner, if used with the stock cover, improve on the small openings?

Thanks
Jack

Old 02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
OldFordTrk1
Cruiser
Default Seriously thinking about going with FM

Perfect timing with this thread. I just decatted the stock header and looking at FM for the tuner and the AC. Great to see a vendor on here taking questions from riders. Just don't happen often. I'm impressed thus far.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:42 AM
Niblet
Banned

Ordered this A/C along with Rhinehart classic truduals, and the PV,,
cannot wait to get it installed,,dont care what it does to my MPG,,
if I wanted MPG I would ride a moped

Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain

Installed it today. way easy. runs great.

Running the 4inch Rinehart slipons and the XeID and this Fuelmoto AC... A great setup if you ask me.

ROCK ON

Old 03-26-2012, 04:47 PM
WetSider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed the FM pro billet A/C yesterday (along with new V&H headers and a re-tune via a FM-purchased DJ Power Vision). Have to say the air cleaner replacement went flawlessly and was by far the easiest part of the entire process. Literally took like 15 minutes start to finish. Not sure why FM shipped me the black backing plate (I ordered the chrome), but I'm not going to be picky about something that'll rarely be seen.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by jackloganbill
I want this Pro Billet air cleaner! However, a bit concerned about the MPG loss. We already lost approx 10MPG adding the sidecar. Can anyone speak to these claims that a Stage 1 air cleaner such as the Fuel Moto can cost 3-5 MPG?

Also, perhaps I missed it, but the thread began with an explanation of why the HD air cleaner whacks HP, it is one inch wide and breathes through a couple small openings. How does adding the Fuel Moto aircleaner, if used with the stock cover, improve on the small openings?

Thanks
Jack
Because you lose the backing part of the stock AC which is the part that has the holes. On a Stage One from anyone the back is now open.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:02 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice design

Old 03-31-2012, 01:35 PM
NitroCrushr
Novice

Originally Posted by WetSider
Installed the FM pro billet A/C yesterday (along with new V&H headers and a re-tune via a FM-purchased DJ Power Vision). Have to say the air cleaner replacement went flawlessly and was by far the easiest part of the entire process. Literally took like 15 minutes start to finish. Not sure why FM shipped me the black backing plate (I ordered the chrome), but I'm not going to be picky about something that'll rarely be seen.
I recently got my Fuel Moto Pro Billet Chrome AC kit, and like yours, the backplate is a black finish. I called Fuel Moto and was informed that the only color the Billet back plate is available in is the black. When you spend the extra for the chrome kit, you get the chrome hardware, but the back plate remains black.

I thought perhaps it would be bare aluminum since this is what they have pictured on their website, but it wasn't. No big deal since the plate isn't visible anyway. Super nice kit though, made extremely well!!

Steve

Old 03-31-2012, 01:56 PM
NitroCrushr
Novice
Default FuelMoto Pro Billet Stage I Pictures

Here is a picture of the FuelMoto Pro Billet Stage I Air Cleaner (Chrome kit). As you can see, the hardware is chrome, but the back plate is black. Extremely well made kit!!

Steve