Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DIY easily add HP/Tq with a Stage 1 air cleaner Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 11:13 PM
balcy24
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I installed Jamie's "kit" a few months ago on my '08 Ultra. It runs stronger by the seat of the pants, sounds great with the Jackpots, and runs much cooler with the Rev Performance EMS. Altogether, it took me maybe 6 hours (1/2 hr for the air filter, an hour for the mufflers and 4 1/2 hrs for the tuner) but I really took my time. The bike started instantly and I haven't stopper smiling since!!! The only negative (if you can call it that) is my gas mileage dropped from the low 40s to the high 30s which is because it is running richer. I can't recommend Fuel Moto enough...

Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 AM
santajim
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 329 Likes on 224 Posts

I agree with fathertime electradads avitar is hard to move beyond.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jamie nice looking backing plate, the shop you found does a killer job and their hourly rate must be cheap. What are the three holes for on the outside diameter? Or is the TBW different then the 07 cast plate I have now. Will there be a powdercoated version on the way?

Old 11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tanglefootrgu
I just installed Fuerlmoto's Air Cleaner this past weekend. Everything went well, easy to do! The only thing I ran into was the gasket that was provided in the kit was to small.
Hey, Fuel Moto, are you listening?

Also, the new backplate no longer uses the "Mickey Mouse ears" that appear at the upper corners of the older backplate. Can the install be as solid without them?

Old 11-04-2011, 02:27 AM
FtpdMoose
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does this filter need to be oiled or no?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 AM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member

Hey, Fuel Moto, we just want to be get the straight scoop on some lingering questions:

The new backplate no longer uses the "Mickey Mouse ears" that appear at the upper corners of the older backplate. Can the install be as solid without them?

Another forum member installed this kit and found the 3-hole gasket to be too small. Is it?

As mentioned by another member, does this filter need to be oiled?

Thanks!

Old 11-04-2011, 08:15 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

the K&N-type filter (it might be a K&N) filter that came with my air breather I bought from Fuelmoto was ready to go. Probably in about 10 miles or so, it might need cleaning and oiling. I am guessing you can use the K&N oils and cleaner for these filters.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:04 AM
ssmith579
Tourer

I'm waiting for the rest of the instructions. I have a Harley stage 1 air cleaner but it came with no instructions. The dealer wants $90 to install it which seems a bit much. I suppose I could figure it out but I'd rather see some instructions just to make sure.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:28 AM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmith579
I'm waiting for the rest of the instructions. I have a Harley stage 1 air cleaner but it came with no instructions. The dealer wants $90 to install it which seems a bit much. I suppose I could figure it out but I'd rather see some instructions just to make sure.
If you have the harley part number, type it into google or bing and search. One of the results should be a pdf document at the HD site with instructions on installing. I am guessing you are talking about a screamin eagle high-flow air intake.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:30 AM
mustafade
Intermediate
Default thnks

Originally Posted by White Ice
...says the double poster with a join date of August 2011-
exact my thoughts....lfmao

Quick Reply: DIY easily add HP/Tq with a Stage 1 air cleaner Fuel Moto