Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRAGGIN' BAGGERS Happy Ending? SANTA's slammin' his big RED machine!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Redcat
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DRAGGIN' BAGGERS...Happy Ending??

At the risk of getting the ol' "If you have to ask..." reply I'm gonna go ahead and ask. What is the purpose of "slamming" your ride? I guess I'm looking for the benefit in it since a lot of guys like it/recommend it. Help me out here guys.

Is it a performance/handling thing?
Is it an appearance/design thing?
Is it just a shortie thing?

While it may be all of the above, what is the main reason most of you went the draggin' road?

Old 12-01-2006, 04:01 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you know what they say, about,, a fool aand his $$$$$$

Old 12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't ask me...I'm just the R&D/PR guy!

Old 12-01-2006, 05:33 PM
jmorton10
Road Captain

ORIGINAL:
Is it just a shortie thing?

Looks had nothing to do with it in my case. I am 5'6" & have short legs.

When I had a Heritage with a low profile seat, I had no problem wheeling the bike around flat-footed for things like backing up in a parking lot.

I rode the bagger for two years with 12" Progressive 440's which helped, but the bike was still akward for me backing up etc.

I had considered the Legend system for a long time but didn't want to spend that kind of money just to see if I liked the air systems.

The DB system gave me the opportunity to try out a system for less than $400 so I jumped on it. I figured if I really liked it, I caould easily resell it & go with a more expensive system.

I actually love the system(& mine works fine). It never occured to me to ride around with it slammed(I knew that couldn't be a real good idea)& as long you use some common sense with the system it works just fine.

I still plan to swap to one of the high end air systems as I keep my bikes for years(I rode one Harley for over 25 years), but I can't seem to decide which one to buy.

I think I probably have it narrowed down to the Legend or the Platinum system, but I am still researching it.

~John

Old 12-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Redcat
Intermediate

Thanks jmorton10. I thought maybe the DB might be a practical solution for some of the more vertically challenged folks rather than a "Hey, look how cool I am with my lowered motorsickle" thing and I couldn't see how the DB would make for any kind of improvement in handling.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:30 PM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GliderXXX

ORIGINAL: Branded

Bounty Hunter and I must be tighter than I thought he keeps sending me PMs about how great Tony is and his system.

Read on:

...the sincere offer of a FULL refund or the choice of revised/updated shocks. How can ya possibly beat the impressive R&D and AWESOME customer service offered by DB? Hey, life has it's ups and downs and that's why I always strive to look at issues constructively. I'm even savin' that special discount code for ya, brother (how solid is that?)...so, simply PM me when yer ready to pull the trigger (what are friends for?). If you have any further questions I can assist ya with (on any subject), feel free to contact me 24/7, I'm always here for ya. Always encouraging to see progress towards a "happy ending" ...THATS what I'm talkin' about...still slammin' baby...HooYah! Kindest Regards....BOUNTYHUNTER!

Practice reading between the lines & being positive....that is where you will find some REAL answers!

And I thought I was the only special one I keep getting little love notes from the "kickback" king even after I tell him how full of crap he is He loves it...Mama didn't spank him enough as a baby. Bottom line is he can't help it. Pity actually.
Me too. Only PMs I ever got on this forum, other than those times I purchased items from members. he must have a lot of time on his hands.

There's way more to this than meets the eye. My solution? BH goes into my "doesn't exist" file.

SLAMMED!

Old 12-01-2006, 07:43 PM
SeaHag
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

For those that missed Tony's response last night....here it is...hope this helps out!

"I am right here.
[size=5]We just got some answers from our provider and will be posting solutions for the 2006 wire issue.[/size] Jeff and I are here to be in business and we will gladly make things right. No one from our company is running from any customer. We will handle every customer personally and will be contacting each one starting Friday A.M. December 1st. I am the first to say I still have confidence in our system and am glad to say we have a new shock being produced and will replace our customers shocks asap. It was never our intent to give any forum member the idea we are not taking care of issues.
Tony
Draggin Baggers
Here to stay..."

So is this to mean that only people with the 2006 model bikes are having any issues with the bottoming onto the wire harness? I know that Pre-2002 model bikes, like mine, have the shock mounted in front of the axle on the swing arm instead of behind it. I would think for those set up like mine, it would be less likely to bottom when slammed due to the angle of the mounted shock.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:21 PM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Don't ask me...I'm just the R&D/PR guy!
Nope you're the fool out the money...oh I forgot yours was free for pimping the crap to everyone.

Old 12-01-2006, 08:36 PM
Bull Shoals
Cruiser

[sm=popcorn.gif]

Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 PM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just gotta say this to all the BH bashers. Probably will get me tossed,but here goes!! The forum needs people like Bounty Hunter who is a serious contributing member. He adds a lot of insight and contrbutes in a positive way. The bashing is so out of line and so stupid. Makes the bashers look like idiots.Bunch of type writer tough guys. This will be my final and last post. YOU BASHERS, WITH THE WORTHLESS POST ARE NO MORE AND NO LESS P U S S I E S !!!!!! Enjoy your title you earned it!!!!

Quick Reply: DRAGGIN' BAGGERS Happy Ending? SANTA's slammin' his big RED machine!