Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals or X-pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 03:42 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Another vote for the power duals. Don't forget to look at the V&H's 4.5" TwinSlash Monster Ovals, awesome look and sound.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Another vote for the power duals. Don't forget to look at the V&H's 4.5" TwinSlash Monster Ovals, awesome look and sound.
+1 on the V&H TS Ovals. I had those up until this winter. Sounded perfect. Just wouldn't fit under my stretched bags and fender so I had to swap out. Great product though.

Edit...Oops, you said Twin Slash MONSTER Ovals. I had the regular Twin Slash Ovals. Not as quiet as the Monster variety.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:57 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

if you're not opposed to 2 into 1's i highly suggest the standard vance & hines pro pipe. the 2 into 1 exhaust systems develop more torque than any other design throughout the rev range. i wouldn't go back to twice pipes now that i have the 2 into 1. the 2 into 1 vance and hines high flow don't work as well on a 96 or 103 because the high flow reduces the velocity of the exhaust pulses thereby reducing the torque. the hf pro pipe is for much bigger motors that can take advantage of the increased flow. it comes down to bernoullis principle where a larger diameter pipe will flow more, but at slower a slower speed, and our motors depend on port velocity.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:29 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont see how one would really feel the differance of the TD's vs the PD's.. yes they sound slighly different with same type of slip ons.. but i think the sound is what makes u think ure going faster... the X pipe is known to give slightly higher TQ and HP vs TD's.. same for automotive... as for looks.. i like the Power Duals.. not many seen here...
ride safe...

Old 11-02-2011, 11:51 PM
SIU 96
Tourer

Couple of buds got the X pipe. Love the look sound great. But they both have ground the bottoms. '09 an '10 SG's

Old 11-03-2011, 11:38 AM
shredsurf
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly3
I went with the V&H Power Duals and I couldn't be happier! There is a definite increase in performance that you can feel out the gate. Here is a pic for you to see the setup up close.

Old 11-03-2011, 11:40 AM
shredsurf
Road Master

Performance Machine Air Cleaner
V&H Monster Ovals

V&H Power Duals
Power Commander V

HP - 82.3
TQ - 96.8

Old 11-03-2011, 01:25 PM
trackadaptor
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What Turner you go with ?

Originally Posted by pauly3
I went with the V&H Power Duals and I couldn't be happier! There is a definite increase in performance that you can feel out the gate. Here is a pic for you to see the setup up close.

Old 11-03-2011, 01:55 PM
shredsurf
Road Master

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Moi??

SE Race Tuner

Old 11-03-2011, 05:31 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by trackadaptor
Hey trackadaptor I originally ran the Power Duals with the Slip-On's without any aftermarket air cleaner or tuner. I was getting some pretty bad vibrations at idle and even while cruising.

I had purchased the Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage 1 Air Cleaner although I had not gotten around to installing it. I installed it this past weekend and immediately took it down to the dealer for the H-D Stage 1 download.

Man did this make everything so much better! The bike vibrates far less at idle (never eliminated, these are touring bikes afterall) and it's almost smooth as glass while cruising down the road.

So that was a LONNNNNNNG answer to your question! I didn't do any sort of tuner only the H-D "approved" Stage 1 download. This is far enough for me.

If I ever feel the need to spend another thousand I will do some cams, SE Race Tuner and have it Dyno Tuned. I seriously considered doing a PC-V although I don't want to risk any potential warranty issues being blamed back on it.

Quick Reply: True duals or X-pipes?