Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gear

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011 | 03:33 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member

I went all the way to the Gerbing's Extreme Element jacket and overpants, gloves and insoles. With a good pair of boots, a neck gaiter, and a full-face (or modular) helmet, there's no such thing as "too cold to ride". The added bonus of this gear is that it's waterproof, so a rainy day in the high 30s is still riding weather.

Old 10-30-2011 | 04:31 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member

Nope none other only Gerbings or HD by the way both are same but Gerbings has more selection.I have jacket & pants liner ,gloves and socks from Grbings and HD mix and all work together real good with dual thermostat control just too many wires to connect but can ride as long as no ice on the road.

Old 10-30-2011 | 05:53 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

I have been using Tourmaster Synergy liner and gloves for three seasons. Comes with independent controllers and is much less expensive than HD or Gerbing. Does a great job too! It's never too cold to ride in Virginia now!

Old 10-30-2011 | 06:09 PM
Tank Bayard
Advanced

Gerbings!

Insoles plug to pant liner which plugs to jacket liner which plugs to gloves.
Dual temp controller.

Got traction? then Ride!

Old 10-30-2011 | 06:11 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by elPrez
Absolutely! start with a jacket liner and gloves plus the dual thermostat controller. You can add pants liner and socks if you want later. Jacket liner and gloves gets me down in the 30's and pants liner in the low 20's. Go with Gerbing, same stuff without the HD label ( read markup). If you can wait til next year you should be able to get some deals in the spring
+1

Warm & Safe and Gerbings both make excellent heated gear. Tourmaster, which is much cheaper than the other brands, is suitable for occasional use imo but there is a slight sacrifice in quality, features and performance at the limit. I would skip HD brand heated gear as it is the old style Gerbings gear which is not as good as the new MicroWire stuff they make. You can still buy the old style Gerbings gear cheap ($99) from their on-line factory outlet store. Once last issue with heated gear is buy it to fit tight over just a thin shirt - you need it to contact your body directly to transfer heat efficiently.

Last edited by fat_tony; 10-31-2011 at 03:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2011 | 06:17 PM
sheikyerbouti
3rd Gear

Buying the gerbings pants, gloves and insoles was one of my smartest purchases. I'm very happy with them.

Old 10-30-2011 | 09:23 PM
vistavette
Stellar HDF Member

Gerbings

Old 10-30-2011 | 09:58 PM
bdp
Outstanding HDF Member

I've owned HD (made by Gerbing) and Gerbing and can tell you on the HD brand the quality just isn't there. HD no pockets, no collar. no cuffs. Loose wires inside to connect to rather than a bulkhead connection. I fixed broken wires on my HD 3 times and finally just a few weeks ago made the move to the "REAL" Gerbing.

Old 10-31-2011 | 02:02 AM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member

It is absolutely worth it. Gerbing, or HD. Same stuff. And even though the HD gear is listed as having a one year warranty. I have seen the paperwork for a defective HD jacket liner I had. The paperwork the dealer has says...lifetime warranty on all electrical components. Same as Gerbing.

The stuff works great. And if you are going to ride in cold weather, it's more than worth it. I have taken interstate rides as long as 65 miles. Running at 75 mph or so. Single digit temps. I was toasty warm. And that was on my little Sporty!!

Old 10-31-2011 | 03:27 AM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member

I own both a set of Gerbing heated gear and Warmnsafe. I started out with Gerbing but now it's my wife's jacket after I discovered Warmnsafe.

They both heat up well but Warmnsafe offers a very convenient remote heat troller that eliminates having the heat controller hanging from the jacket like the Gerbing setup. I also don't care for the the big plastic plate sewn into the Gerbing jacket that the heat controller and power wires plug into or the bulky, non-heated knit cuffs on the waist and sleeves. The Warmnsafe jacket is less bulky, making it easier to tuck into riding pants, and has heat running all the way to the end of the sleeves and bottom of the jacket.

Quick Reply: Heated Gear