Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leathers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 PM
boxfullofbluze
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's the 29th of Oct ... as of right now there's a foot of snow on the ground ...Who cares how cold it is?

Old 10-29-2011, 11:34 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 397 Likes on 339 Posts

Originally Posted by boxfullofbluze
.. as of right now there's a foot of snow on the ground ...
Just came out of the pool...

Mike

Old 10-29-2011, 11:39 PM
Motown Highwayman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boxfullofbluze
It's the 29th of Oct ... as of right now there's a foot of snow on the ground ...Who cares how cold it is?
Seen that on the news. Man, that sucks.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:53 PM
sLvRsTrEEtBoB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mkguitar
Just came out of the pool...

Mike
ha ha....that ***** funny....guys are freezing their asses off and you just took a swim.....Im in Yuma and this is the only really nice time of year

Old 10-30-2011, 07:19 AM
davidpurdy
6th Gear

I bought last fall a complete FXRG outfit - Leather jacket with leather pants - The jacket being a 3 into 1 - what a package. Best of the best - Yeah more money then most but in my opinion well worth it. I did take the pants and have a set of custom suspenders made for them. Made a huge difference not much of a gut here so without the suspenders when standing pants hung low - now they are always right where I want them and WARM - wow - I rode to Port Dover with them on at -4 degrees and had no issues what-so-ever! Changed my helmet to a full face only because my neck and face were seriously freezing. Once I did - all the difference in the world.

Like many a folk I too have a collection of various jackets, light , medium, heavy leather and at the end of the day the FXRG is one complete set that simply works no matter what the weather lays on you. Paid about 1600.00 for the jacket and pants - Wife went nuts but now I never worry what the weather will do. Keep the liner with you and if required slip it on - In the summer the liner acts as a light weight evening jacket - cannot say enough god things about the package.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leicafish
I am not familiar with the River Road Leathers.

But my leathers were made by Langlitz.

During the Winter I wear a padded Columbia style with a cossack(madrin) collar. The jacket is a front over lay configuration so that with the collar, the seal very good in very cold weather. I also use Under Armour garments under the jacket.

In warmer weather I use a Columbia with a dress collar because I can fold back the jacket.

I also use a Padded cossack collar Cascade for early fall.

For colder weather I would lean to what ever model that they have to offer in the Banded-Cossack-Madrin type collar.

Good luck hope this helps. Also under armour tech fabric under garments are worth the money.
I have the Padded Colombia as well. Taking forever to break in. It is the nicest, most well made jacket I have ever seen.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:25 AM
davidpurdy
6th Gear

I bought last fall a complete FXRG outfit - Leather jacket with leather pants - The jacket being a 3 into 1 - what a package. Best of the best - Yeah more money then most but in my opinion well worth it. I did take the pants and have a set of custom suspenders made for them. Made a huge difference not much of a gut here so without the suspenders when standing pants hung low - now they are always right where I want them and WARM - wow - I rode to Port Dover with them on at -4 degrees and had no issues what-so-ever! Changed my helmet to a full face only because my neck and face were seriously freezing. Once I did - all the difference in the world.

Like many a folk I too have a collection of various jackets, light , medium, heavy leather and at the end of the day the FXRG is one complete set that simply works no matter what the weather lays on you. Paid about 1600.00 for the jacket and pants - Wife went nuts but now I never worry what the weather will do. Keep the liner with you and if required slip it on - In the summer the liner acts as a light weight evening jacket - cannot say enough god things about the package.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:50 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A couple, 3 years ago I bought a Men's Reflective Skull Leather Jacket from HD. Yesterday the upper zipper got mangled and I could not get it off. Stopped at a shop and they said there is a five year warranty but it is my only winter leather jacket and I ride all year. They said if I can deal with it until warmer weather they would send it in. FXRG? I don't care how good people claim this line is I will NOT spend another dime on HD made in China, Taiwan, Pakistan, wherever junk. Had a Bates for 30 years until it had the nerve to shrink on me. My son will have it another 30 as it is an awesome jacket. The problem with the top quality jackets is getting properly sized for it unless you happen to live where they are sold or made. Now I just have to be careful not to zip mine up too far and use the collar snap.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:10 AM
dswansbiker
Road Warrior
Received 108 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Indianspringsaz
I have the Padded Colombia as well. Taking forever to break in. It is the nicest, most well made jacket I have ever seen.
Make that #3 for a Langlitz padded Columbia. I saved for quite awhile to get it. Best jacket ever!

As I get older American Made has become a much bigger factor in my purchase decisions.

I buy almost all of my clothes at
http://www.allamericanclothing.com/SFNT.html

Last edited by dswansbiker; 10-30-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
boxfullofbluze
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make that 18 inches when all was said and done ..Time to polish ..

Quick Reply: Leathers